Old 06-14-2016, 09:03 AM   #31
I was able to answer my own question. I bought the Champion 3100, paid $784 on sale at Home Depot.

Last night I finally got a chance to try it out. Hooked it up to my camper and was able to run the AC and the TV, didn't try anything else, cause well, that's all I need. lol It was a cool day here so the AC didn't have to work too hard, but I turned it down to 62 and let it run a few cycles. Generator seemed to power it well with no overload or bogging down. Looks like I made a good purchase, thanks for all the feedback!!

2014 Chevy 2500 CC, Duramax
2017 Wolf Pack 25pack12 Toyhauler
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:01 AM   #32
Good. I can bet if you turned on your microwave and/or your electric water heater you would overload the 30a and pop the breaker. So just balance out what you need... enjoy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

TH : 2016 Stealth WA2916
TV : 2012 Ford F-250 PSD
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:07 PM   #33
I have the trailer home and loading up for a dual sport ride this weekend. Ran the generator off propane for 2 hours for a good test. Went right off the low pressure quick connect. Turned the ac on and the hen went off economy for a few seconds then right back to economy. Ran great for an hour. So I decided to test the generator. Turn the batter charger on and a little surge of the gen. Then I turn the fridge on and it came off economy and stayed there. As long as I don't run the microwave or the water heater on electric it Will run great. To me it is dumb to use alot propane to run the gen to run the fridge on electric and same with the water heater. But this was just to test the gen. It will mainly be used for ac this weekend as I'll be in the middle of a field with no shade

clutchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:52 PM   #34
Champion Dual Fuel to RV Onboard Propane

Click here CHAMPION 3400 DUAL to RV.pdf

Clutch, thanks for providing the pictures and testing. I took you info and built the attached PDF so anyone looking to do the same can just download and keep for reference. If you have part numbers or sources for the quick connects you used, I'm glad to modify and repost the PDF with that info.

2016 Wildcat 295RSX - 2015 GMC 2500HD DblCab Duramax/Allison 4x4 Z71 6.6' Bed
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover
Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball
LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote
6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard
Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:38 AM   #35
PDF isn't working for me. The quick connects were from cammco off of Amazon. The brass fittings were from Parker. We do alot of business with them at work so I just went there. Worked great this weekend. Ran it 3 hours Friday night with a/c and a few on Sunday. 95 degrees and a/c did great. Was able to start the a/c on economy and it continued on economy

clutchd is offline   Reply With Quote

dometic, generator