Old 08-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #11

I've seen/heard of numerious instances where Forest River has made repairs like your on trlrs that were out of warrenty. GIVE THEM A CALL, if they do say no you've lost nothing. If they say yes you've gained everything, just play it cool on the phone, and play to them.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #12

Unhappy Sinking Floor

Back in November I did contact Sabre customer service about the floor sinking under the dinette slide and was T.O'd to Gary G. w/Forest River. Gary responded by emailed asking me to have a certified tech look at the problem and report to him with a fix. I promptly took the Sabre RV to Camping World in Katy, Tx. and advised them of the situation. They took photos of the flooring outside that had begun to spread open along the exposed edges at the bottom of the slide, showing the mole that had started to grow in the separated plywood. C W then sent the pictures along with a report and action they would take in resolving the mistake made at the Sabre factory. C W told me that Forest River would help me with the cost of repairs that came to $287.00 but I would have to pay C W then get reimbursed by F R. I allowed them to go ahead with the patch not flooring replacement, telling them I would pay for the repairs since F W agreed to help.

Well now it's February 21, 2012, that was Nov. 16, 2011, and neither F W or Sabre/Palomino have not responded to that offering to help. Gary G. did copy me in an email sent to Kimberly at Sabre, asking for them to reimburse me the $287.09, amount of repairs, but I have not received any money. I emailed Gary after weeks had passed, telling him that I had not received the reimbursement he asked for, but have not received a response from anyone.

It apparent now, it's going to be my problem/pocket book to fix/correct the design and assembly flaws, not theirs. The exposed ends of the plywood to the weather problem should not have happened.

I advise all readers of this post to look closely at the construction and assembly of the slides on your next RV, especially at exposed flooring, regardless of the manufacturer. I trusted that by 2009, after assembling thousands of RV's, that they knew the correct way to design, assemble, and protect exposed wood from the elements, I guessed wrong.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #13

" I trusted that by 2009, after assembling thousands of RV's, that they knew the correct way to design, assemble, and protect exposed wood from the elements"
---------------------------------------
You are joking, right?
The main aim of the factory is to get the units to last past the warranty end date.
I went over my camper with a fine-toothed comb and caulked and siliconed dozens of spots that I thought might let moisture in. Maybe there wouldn't have been a problem, but for the few hours it took, I sure feel a lot better.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #14

No it's not a joke to expect a company to do their correctly.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #15

Well, tonight I'm eating Humble Pie. This afternoon I walked to the mailbox to get today's mail, and there it was, a letter with the return address in bold letters, Forest River in the upper corner. Inside was a check for the full amount, $287.09, man do I feel bad after after today's posting that I would be out that money. Yes, it did take them 3 months to show their help, but it couldn't come at a better time.

Thank You "Forest River" and Gary, I apologize for not trusting you to help.