Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2015, 03:32 PM   #1

Wildcat 337FB furnace is not providing air to the front

Hello,
I am a new Wildcat owner and new to the forum. We picked up a 2013 337FB last fall and had the pleasure to use it a few times last year. We found a problem with the air flow then, but forgot about. Now we are camping for the weekend and very quickly we were reminded that the furnace is not supplying warm air to the front bathroom or the front bedroom. The heat in the main cabin and rear bedroom work wel with no complaints. In the bathroom, there is just enough air coming through to make me believe the duct is not plugged, but not enough air to warm the bathroom in any manner. In the bedroom, there is no air flow coming through. Needless to say, my kids are not sleeping in that room without hear. It's an ice chest. I have taken R-13 insulation and wrapped the two flex piping in the front storage area to try and retain any heat that is being lost there. That made no difference.

Any help would be most appreciated. I sold a 2002 Four Winds that worked flawlessly for 13 summers, so needless to say, this is not how I want to start out with this new rig.
Thanks all, JC and company.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'd look @ the furnace for a disconnected pipe.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "6 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:51 PM   #3

Thanks Turbs. I did find a 1" hole in a piece of duct work coming off the furnace so that has been fixed. The biggest thing I have found is that on the top side of the furnace, the metal cover was split. Two pieces of metal were not staying together, the tabs had broken. This was allowing probably 30% of the heated air to immediately come out of the top of the furnace rather than pushing into down into the duct work. This started moving some air once I sealed that up with High Heat Duct Tape. Then, I put a new register vent on the run going to the bathroom and bedroom. This helped. You can actually feel a small amount of warm air coming into the bedroom. It's still not as much as it should be, but we are getting somewhere with it. Due to the amount of high pressure air coming out of the vent I closed, I have a feeling there is a kink, a hole or something just past this point where it goes up to the bedroom. Have not found it, but that's an assumption because up to that point the air flow is fantastic. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:07 PM   #4

On our trailer it went in for the same issue. After dropping the belly cover they found a heating duct tube cut in two. We had the end cover come off the furnace as well and it is hidden behind a trim panel

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Dabmeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:03 PM   #5

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1432958525.109633.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	78524
Ours was never spliced from factory.

2014 Rockwood 8311SS
Alberta8311ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:59 PM   #6

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1433563066.603499.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	79173Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1433563089.061932.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	79174
This is the panel that wasn't attached on our furnace after the dealer fixed the cut heat duct

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Dabmeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, furnace, wildcat