Old 09-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
Winter storage - Axle stands ?

Hi all,

I am about to winterise our trailer for the first time and put it to bed for the Canadian winter.

Should I put the trailer on axle stands to take the weight of the tires ? I am used to doing this to store old cars to prevent the tires delaminating due to having all the weight on one spot for a prolong period. Is this required for storing a trailer, or should I just put the trailer on a wooden plank and cover the tires with a black bag to prevent the UV getting to them ?

Thanks in advance for you advice !!

buzzmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
it's ok. I use a set of storage tires. Then I place a pair of additional stabilizers under the main beams right betwee the axels. I use jackstands to level and stabilize all the time.

turbopuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:56 AM   #3

Holy Cow!! Winterize time already?? We are still knocking on 100 here everyday in North Texas. In about 2 or 3 weeks is the beginning of prime camping weather! Nice during the day, cool at night, can't wait!
My condolences to your camping season....
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #4
Placing the trailer on axle stands are recommended for long term storage.

Sorry to hear you'll be winterizing so soon.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:09 AM   #5
Yup winter is coming - snow flurries forecast today and again on Sunday. Winter gates to the roads to a lot of the good campgrounds will start closing soon. So that is it for us until next week, time to unpack the skis and winter tires TV.
buzzmonster is offline   Reply With Quote