Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2016, 08:04 AM   #1

Winterizing and RV cover

I'm sorry, I own a new Shasta and the Shasta forum doesn't seem to get much activity so I am asking questions here.

Question 1.
Winterizing.. I have read and understand the process for this and I am pretty clear on what to do, EXCEPT, my city water connection does not seem to have the little valve to push in to let the antifreeze come out and protect it after pressurized. Is it behind the little screen? I tried taking that out, and it doesnt seem to want to come out.

Question 2. I live in the middle of the woods and want to get a cover to help protect against leaves and such.. How do these covers work with temperature fluctuations. I live in NC and our winter time can see 60 degrees one day and 20 the next.. will it lead to mildew issues in / on the camper?

Thanks for the Help!
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:34 AM   #2

the check valve in your system is more then likely closer to your pump. What you can do is use a little low pressure <30 lbs connect to your city water and blow the water out of the line/ lines (water heater bypassed) by opening all your faucets. Then pump pink antifreeze thru the system. The city water line will be dry the rest will get antifreeze.

I have no recommendations or personal knowledge of what cover to use
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:48 PM   #3

I like my Adco cover, its breathable protects my trailer against UV- no faded stickers, no yellowing of plastic parts, no sap from trees your trailer will be much better with it than without it.
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 08:00 AM   #4

Well Im in the middle pf winterizing and all is going well EXCEPT i forgot to bypass hot water heater and dumped some antifreeze in there I think i have it all flushed out, but live and learn!
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, winter