View Poll Results: Which method do you utilize to winterize your RV.
RV Antifreeze only 35 33.98%
Blow out lines 17 16.50%
Blow out lines and RV antifreeze 50 48.54%
None/Head south for the winter 1 0.97%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2014, 12:40 PM   #31
Originally Posted by fordsuperdutyE350 View Post
Ok I need some opinions? I own a 2013 FRF Vlite 30wfkss Diamond. Heated tanks and elbows, sealed underbelly and my water lines are run through a channel in the floor which is R12 rating. Only thing that is under and out in open is the low drains. If I am using the Rv and it is heated with cabinet doors open to keep lines in the bathroom and kitchen heated how cold do you think I could go? Also With a on demand water heater if it is not drained and in use the water temp should keep it from freezing? I am talking about maybe high teens low 20s nothing colder than that. We will be staying here at Crazy Horse campground near Springfield IL until Dec 5th and then travel south to Texas. I think most of this next month will be above freezing during the day and may dip into the 20s at night. With all that info, what do you all think? Thanks....

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums Daves Outdoor World.
You should be fine, but your weak point is the low point drains they will freeze and expand at the 90 degree, it happened to me. Either wrap the low point exposed drains or better yet. I installed to shut off valves in the basement so water will not enter them until I open the valves in the basement. You have a duct 2" down there, or on some units which is really stupid is they put wholes in your duct work to create heat. The only thing that I do now is disconnect my water hose and run off my fresh water tank with the pump at night. But that low point drain system is the weak point in your whole theory.....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #32
I agree, after much research that is it. I was just trying to figure out what to do here to bypass this area so it can't get water there? Tuff place to get at. For now just blow my lines out and uncap these.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

fordsuperdutyE350 is offline   Reply With Quote

winter, winterize