Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2016, 12:55 PM   #1

Winterizing my 3006WK - Help

When we purchased the trailer in June, there was NO walkthru at all (thanks, Camping World). They seemed to know less about my trailer than I did. Anyway, it is time to winterize it and I don't have a clue what I'm doing. All I've done so far is open the low point drain behind the back steps, turn all three knobs on the hot water heater, and I've pulled the plug and drained the WH. I have no idea what to do next. There is a blue valve thing above the city water hookup area that the picture says to turn to winterize, but no idea how to get the antifreeze into the pipes.

Yes, I'm clueless. Sorry.

Any help appreciated. I've googled and youtubed, but can't find anything specific to my model.
NewJammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:41 AM   #2
RJJ

There is generally a short piece of flexible tubing not far from the water pump. That goes into your RV antifreeze jug, flip the lever near the fixed end of that tube and turn on the water pump. Then one at a time, open all faucets and flush toilet until you see antifreeze. Lever is like the one in this picture, not an exact likeness , but you get the idea. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1481556958.212532.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	126551

Winterizing isn't too much different from model to model. Main thing if you're doing antifreeze is to get it into all you lines. Don't forget to drain fresh water tank and your ice maker, if you have one.

Hope this helps, others may chime in if I've omitted anything.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
RJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJ View Post
There is generally a short piece of flexible tubing not far from the water pump. That goes into your RV antifreeze jug, flip the lever near the fixed end of that tube and turn on the water pump. Then one at a time, open all faucets and flush toilet until you see antifreeze. Lever is like the one in this picture, not an exact likeness , but you get the idea. Attachment 126551

Winterizing isn't too much different from model to model. Main thing if you're doing antifreeze is to get it into all you lines. Don't forget to drain fresh water tank and your ice maker, if you have one.

Hope this helps, others may chime in if I've omitted anything.

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox
I thought we were done with this back in 12/6/2016? Youroo! !
Old 12-12-2016, 11:36 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I thought we were done with this back in 12/6/2016? Youroo! !
I think there were duplicate threads on this one.
**Here's** another from the same OP in the Rockwood section.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=64
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter