Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #1

Wobbly dinette table...

I have a duel pedestal dinette table that wants to shift from side to side on the mounts even though they are tight. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
bob7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #2

When we bought our TT late last year, that's the first thing we noticed that really bothered us. Personally, I think the basic design is poor.

What I did is buy an aluminum bracket that attaches to one end of the table and has a mating piece that attaches to the wall. It lifts into place and interlocks together. Not sure what it's called but I have seen it on Tweety's site or one of the other major vendor's sites. Then I bought a fold-out leg. I bought the leg and bracket at a local RV parts shop.

I removed the flanges under the table and on the floor. Since I was installing laminate flooring, I didn't have to worry about the holes left in the linoleum. You could just ignore the holes and use a little caulk. I supposed you could also remove some lino (if that's what you have) from an inconspicuous place like under a dinette bench and use it to patch the holes left from the flange. You might want to get a pro to do that.

The studs on the outside wall on our TT where I needed to attach the mounting bracket were not in the right location so I installed an oak ledger strip and stained it to match the cabinets. I added a length of oak to the end of the table to screw the bracket to. I also attached a square oak block under the table to attach the fold-out leg to. If you are careful and have the correct length screws, you probably don't need this. I used construction between my block and the table for added strength.

Now the table is rock solid.

Here are some photos. If there's anything I can add, just ask.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	036 (474x640).jpg
Views:	150
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	12423   Click image for larger version

Name:	035 (640x478).jpg
Views:	110
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	12424  
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob7794 View Post

anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

can you glue a piece of
rubber inter tube in there or someTHING ?

so as to take up some slack

Mountainman
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote