Old 05-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
Send a message via MSN to KMC
Question Year Rv was built?

Hi, we r still dealing with the damaged Rockwood 5th wheel. Now the issue is, did they sell us a 2010, or a 2011. On the hitch, on a silver placket, it states, 3-23-10. They say no, it is a 2011. How do we find out if that is so, and now, is that a breach, because bank is borrowing us money on a 2011 and it is really a 2010. Maybe.... Oh Boy!

KMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
It's the 10th digit in the VIN. We run into the same issue on motorhomes. The chassis VIN 10th digit will trail our model year. However, the chassis title does not list a year since it is an incomplete vehicle. But for all mfg's (to my knowledge) the 10th digit is the decider. After 2009 (#9 in the 10th digit) it went to letters. "A" being 2010, "B" being 2011 and "C" being 2012.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
If the 10th digit of your VIN is an "A", it is a 2010. If it is a "B", then it is a 2011.

Vehicle Identification Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The year will also be on your title and registration.

My camper was manufactured in July 2007, but it is a 2008. Just depends on when they decide that the new model year will rhyme or reason.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
Look at your title, it will have the correct year. If it was built in late march then I'm pretty sure you have a 2011. My Wildcat was built in May of 2007 and it is a 2008.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
Check with your dealer. I had the same issue on a trade-in last year. Dealer went back to the "manufaturer's statement of origin" (MSO). I'm in Texas, may be different elswhere.
Pete and Patty
2010 Georgetown 378TS; 2012 4dr Jeep Rubicon
1 Yellow Lab (hers);1 Little Bitty dog (mine)
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
Send a message via MSN to KMC
Rockwood 5th wheel issues are resolved!

Hi, as promised I am happy to report that we were able to cancel the deal on the Rockwood 8288ss 5th wheel. We had trade in our 23ss Roo for this trailer. It was not the Forest River product that was in question, it was how our purchase was handled.
We loved the floorplan, but as mentioned before, it was damaged during the PDI and we didn't except it. We feel if we hadn't contacted the bank the very next morning, and informed them of the damage, the out come would of been much different.
The bank held up the loan, but failed to tell us, so for 2 1/2 weeks we were going around and around with the dealer. We tried to find another RV in his inventory, but in the end we said we were done, and this is when we found out the bank didn't send them the money. We had to do all the calling to find this out. Anyway, we have moved on and are now searching for another RV. We are in no hurry though.
Thank you all for all the advice. This time we will be working with a more established dealer.
Happy trails to all.

KMC is offline   Reply With Quote