Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #1

pay pal payment returned?

Site Moderator,

I saw a charge on my credit card on 15 Feb for $20 and now a credit of $20 on 17 Mar

What was the problem?

I am considering upgrading from our 26' TT to an '09 Wildcat 31 TS and felt the "Forest River Forums" site would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Tom & Mary..Spring Mount, PA
Old 03-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #2

Sorry about that, The email is acting up and
I will work on the problem this weekend and let you know.

Thanks, Mike
Old 03-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #3

Please try again as I have changed the e-mail account used for this.

Thanks, Mike
Old 05-26-2009, 06:19 AM   #4
Site Team

Just got an e-mail from Pay Pal that my payment is being returned.
On Apr. 25, 2009, you sent a payment to a----@forestriverforums.com for $5.00 USD.
The funds have been returned to your account.
This payment was returned for the following reason(s):
a----@forestriverforums.com did not sign up for a PayPal account or did not complete the registration process.
Please contact a----@forestriverforums.com to arrange an alternate payment method.
I received this message on May 25 exactly one month after payment.
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
Old 05-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #5

I talked with Mike yesterday and he said that he was making some changes on the 25th to the site and it might have jacked up some of those payments on that date. Some of you folks have stated that you weren't on the list and I informed Mike of that and it coincides with the time period that some were "missed".

Donations before and after he made the change went through though it seems that a few of y'all hit it during the period he was making changes. So I guess those got bounced back.

Update on Mike..

Mike is doing well with his chemo treatments. "The good days are getting better and longer. The bad days are just as bad but not as long." Or something to that effect.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Greg, thanks for the update on donations posted earlier. I did however, see that the donation we made on April 26th was not on your list. Haven't received the visa bill yet and I was wondering if the paypal payment was returned as with those above.

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Old 05-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
Greg, thanks for the update on donations posted earlier. I did however, see that the donation we made on April 26th was not on your list. Haven't received the visa bill yet and I was wondering if the paypal payment was returned as with those above.

All I can say to those of y'all that made a donation and you name isn't there is to keep an eye on your credit card statements and keep me posted.

thanks,

greg
Old 05-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintgotnun View Post
All I can say to those of y'all that made a donation and you name isn't there is to keep an eye on your credit card statements and keep me posted.
thanks,
greg
Well, my name IS on the list and my money came back anyway.
Can't someone actually look in the account and see if there are enough
dollars in there for another year???
THAT's the bottom line.
Is there enough money in the account to run the place another year?

I'll gladly try again if needed.
I can kick in a larger amount if needed.
I'd just like to know where the site really stands financially........
Old 05-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Well, my name IS on the list and my money came back anyway.
Can't someone actually look in the account and see if there are enough
dollars in there for another year???
THAT's the bottom line.
Is there enough money in the account to run the place another year?

I'll gladly try again if needed.
I can kick in a larger amount if needed.
I'd just like to know where the site really stands financially........

your name is on the list because you showed up in the software as having made a donation. the money amount shown on the donation page is pretty close. the only person that can look at the bank account is the person that owns the bank account and the site and currently he is undergoing cancer treatment and not spending much if any time on a computer. yes, according to Mike the site has enough in the account to get us through to this time next year barring a large increase of bandwidth or server space.

so...

bottom line is the site is good financially for about another year.

something went haywire with the donation system on or about the 25th of April.

Mike stated that he was doing something with the site software on or about the day that is giving us fits.

from what I can tell there were 7 donations made on the 25th to the tune of about $90

I do not nor do I want access to Mike's bank account.

some of these donations got kicked back or were never recorded in the system probably due to the changes made on or about that date.

the donation system only seems to have hiccuped on the 25th, before and after seem to be fine.

if your money was re-credited then it did not make it to Mike's account for the site.

if you money was not re-credited then it did make it.

Thank You everyone that did donate and Thank You everyone that tried but got their accounts re-credited.

the system seems to be working now and you can re-attempt to donate again if you like. if not no worries, I think we are good for now.

I apoligize for not having all the answers. I'm trying the best I can with what information I get when I can get it. As I stated before... While Mike is doing better he still has bad days and on his good days sitting in front of a computer is NOT one of his priorities.