Old 08-10-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
15' 400bh questions

1. What is the tank heat switch for in the slide control area? My assumption is its for the holding tank heater in colder weather

2. On the GPS, radio, camera unit. In GPS mode if I go to trip it displays 9/28/2012 as the date and I can't seem to change it. The clock,on the radio is set correctly.

3. Is the Sony DVD bdp-s1100 able to wirelessly connect to net or is it only if wired direct into a router. Our campground has great wireless but can't connect. Te setting menu only allows for wired connections.

4. Does anyone have pics of the access panel to get into the cable system for the bh slide?

5. Have no power to the female 7 pin hitch plug. Any ideas, have no,lights on my toad. Used a 12v test light on each pin, grounded to the hitch bolts, but have no power.

6. When it's raining and the door awning is extended there is a torrent of water that flows off to the point where you can't open the door. Any smart fixes.

Steve.heicklen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:46 AM   #2
Steve can't help you with your questions but can offer this idea. Try to make it to the FROG rally next year the techs are great and can help you with all your questions and concerns. Jim

jrlebaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:05 AM   #3
The tank heat is exactly what you thought.
7 pin power you must have a fuse blown check in the compartment below the driver seat. The fuse should be in there. Not sure but that would be by guess.
Not any help in the rest as I have a 2011 with 1970 electronics.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #4
Berkshire 390QS
For #5, there should be also a fuse box in one of the bays at the rear of the coach, ours is above the inverter, up high. Took a while to find but was back there and all the fuses for the 7 pin connection was in it.
2011: 54 days, 2012: 218 days, 2013: 175 days, 2014: 196 days
2015: 188 days, 2016: 72 days,
2009 Berkshire, 390QS, and toad
NO3putt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #5
The only addition I can make to your list of questions is that there is a valence over the cabinets in the bedroom. You need to pop off the cloth buttons and underneath the buttons are screws. If you remove the screws, the valence will come off and you can see the slide mechanism. Also, in the ceiling of the bunk area, you will see that it is divided into 2 parts. Again, remove the button coverings and screws and the inner most panel will come out. You can then look up into the area to access the slide mechanism.
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote