Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2015, 05:29 PM   #1

1900 Miles And No Problems!

Kim and I just got home from an awesome 10 day, 1900 mile trip...and everything on the Berk worked great! The generator worked, the AC's worked, the slides worked, the toilets worked, the jacks worked...literally everything on the coach worked how and when it was supposed to!

Our trip took us from Dallas, TX to Amarillo, TX to Albuquerque, NM to Durango, CO to Ouray, CO to Fort Garland, CO back to Amarillo, and then back home. The main attraction was the annual Jeep Jamboree in Ouray, 135 Jeeps touring the trails and passes around SW Colorado. Very fun and beautiful scenery!

The 340hp Cummings did great in the mountain passes, we were flat towing a four door Jeep Wrangler. I wasn't the fastest up the hills but I wasn't the slowest either...I can live with that!

Our two 60lb puppies went with us, they loved waking up in a different place almost every day! We converted the lower bunk of the 38RB to a crate for them. Removed the mattress, curtains, and window knobs, lined the floor and walls with 1/4" fiber board so they can't chew anything. So much better than toting dog crates with us!

If I had to pick an MVP for the trip it has to be the Engine Brakes...they made the down hill grades MUCH less stressful!

All in all a great trip!

Terry & Kim
2015 Forest River Berkshire 38RB
2007 Wrangler Unlimited
tkdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:34 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdavis View Post
Kim and I just got home from an awesome 10 day, 1900 mile trip...and everything on the Berk worked great! The generator worked, the AC's worked, the slides worked, the toilets worked, the jacks worked...literally everything on the coach worked how and when it was supposed to!
Now you've done it..... Condemned yourself to lotsa problems down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdavis View Post
The main attraction was the annual Jeep Jamboree in Ouray, 135 Jeeps touring the trails and passes around SW Colorado. Very fun and beautiful scenery!
Did you go over Black Bear road??

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:56 PM   #3

Terry and Kim,
Happy to hear that you had a trouble free trip. Hopefully this will be the first of many!
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Terry and Kim,
Happy to hear that you had a trouble free trip. Hopefully this will be the first of many!
Tom

Obviously, my previous post was joking around....

I too wish all the best to Terry and Kim!!

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:49 PM   #5
'11 390BH

Wohoo, congrats! I did a bigun' this year too. My Berk was never out of line either.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:19 PM   #6

Great trip on one of our favorite routes. If you haven't been there, in Amarillo is an rv museum. It's great, free, and they have the goernike bus from the movie rv
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #7

HaHa...I thought about the jinx factor Boohoo...but figured if I got just one completely trouble free trip I was still above average!

We didn't do Black Bear Pass but we are already planning a trip next summer to do some of the more challenging trails.

By the way...happy 50th anniversary to you and Kay! Kim and I celebrated our 28th on Friday as well! We were up on a 12,000' summit looking at some of the most beautiful scenery we have ever seen, great way to celebrate!

Terry & Kim
2015 Forest River Berkshire 38RB
2007 Wrangler Unlimited
tkdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #8

Sounds like an awesome trip. Glad it was trouble free. I don't want to jinx myself but my last 5 trips have been trouble free also.

Let's see if this thread gets as many post as the CR@P thread......I doubt it though.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:16 PM   #9

We did very similar trip out of Dallas as we went to Amarillo, then i40 to four corners, easy drive up to Santa Fe and went to South Fork Colorado!! Our main camp was fun Valley. Towed our rubicon and went to Durango, silverton, cinnamon pass, crede and all over for 10 days!!! No problem and easy drive. Did not take motorhome over the passes but 360 hp Berk could of handled but way we went it was easy. Only issue was weird 40 mph wind gust that blew me across lane. Lucky no one coming in other direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Texas Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:03 PM   #10

We made many trips across this GREAT Country and so far no problems! 30,000 miles and still chugging 2010 Berkshire 39'9 BH.but I do change my oil and lube,filter changes. Or should I say get them done & check tires! I call it per maintenance. But having a Great time seeing the country. And that's all I'am going to say about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
outloud is offline   Reply With Quote