Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #21

Not in mine. 2011.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #22

Not mine either, when I turn my headlights on it goes into night mode. When the lights are turned off, goes back into day mode.

Jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:43 PM   #23
Berkshire 390QS

Same here, lights on, night mode, lights off, day mode
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:46 AM   #24

Jake
Congrats and welcome. Yep, lots to study and figure out but its real fun. Your going to have items you think are a problem but end up not so much. Just keep your eyes and ears open and share your findings with rest of the family so you all can have each others back. Enjoy your new coach and hope you make lots of great memories.
RodneyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:22 AM   #25

Jake,
check to make sure that the adjustment for the dash illumination is set to the brightest. Should have an adjustment where you turn the headlights on. May be set to a point where the it is just on the edge and needs to be adjusted slightly.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO3putt View Post
Jake, what brand fridge? Sounds like it is a dominic fridge since there is an LP light on it. If so it will not run on the inverter, you will need shore power or generator running for it to be on electric. There should be a button that says AUTO, with that button pushed, it will default to LP.
Your lights, and all the other 12 volt items run off you house batteries. (roof fans as an example)

The following need generator or shore power to run
Air conditioners
Micro wave
Furance
Hot water when on electric (will work on LP without shore power/generator)
Is this a clarification? Doesn't the main furnaces function without shore power? Maybe there is a fireplace furnace and it would require shore power but all others are 12V and propane, are they not? Not to confuse the OP.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:37 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Is this a clarification? Doesn't the main furnaces function without shore power? Maybe there is a fireplace furnace and it would require shore power but all others are 12V and propane, are they not? Not to confuse the OP.
My furnace fan runs on 12V; no inverter or genset needed.

The way to test things is disconnect from shore power and then inverter off. Try everything. The inverter on and try everything. This will show what runs on 12V what runs on inverter. Finally with full shore power (or genset running) everything should work).

The genset will run EVERYTHING with out needing to have the inverter on.

HTH.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #28

Like Boo says.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #29

2011 390BH (Just Bought) need some help!

Ive ordered these on ebay and so far all have worked( knock on wood) i only got 1 key for my camper shell when i bought it and ordered a pair using the # off the lock cylinder and they worked also.. Most time these are cheaper than having keys made somewhere that is if you got time to wait for them to come in...just a suggestion

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIMARK-KEY-...918faa&vxp=mtr
Old 06-06-2014, 01:20 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiedragster View Post
Ive ordered these on ebay and so far all have worked( knock on wood) i only got 1 key for my camper shell when i bought it and ordered a pair using the # off the lock cylinder and they worked also.. Most time these are cheaper than having keys made somewhere that is if you got time to wait for them to come in...just a suggestion

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIMARK-KEY-...918faa&vxp=mtr

All the keys are Trimark except the gas door key as far as I know.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #31

Looks like the key to my fuel door are by southco.
Tom

Old 06-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #32

Now an AC question.. If we set the thermostat to say 72 degrees the back AC in the bedroom will run us out it gets so cold. The front AC is blowing cold air but the front is noticeably warmer.. alot warmer.

We had all the shades down and sun shades down as well and the rear room is MUCH colder than the front room.

Is that normal? Right now we have the rear room Zone 2 set to 74 degrees and front to 72 and the rear room is STILL colder. What gives?
jakedempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #33

I posted a web site for them. I would think you could get a key or just order a couple of new locks and replace them. Odd that the fuel keys would go missing

Old 06-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #34

Jake,
Sounds pretty normal to me. Since the front AC has to cool a much larger area, it will not do as good a job as the rear AC. Make sure that the doors between the 2 areas are open and that the AC's are set to high until the desired temp is reached. Do you know the size of your AC's? My front AC is 15k btu and the rear is 13.5k btu. Not sure if yours is the same. FR put 13.5k btu units in the front and rear as part of the normal setup. Needed to ask for an upgrade to the front AC if you wanted 15k btu in the front.
Tom

Old 06-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #35

So Jake....... Are you related to the Manassa Mauler?

Jack Dempsey was a native of Mannasa, Colorado, hence that moniker.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:17 PM   #36

Like Tom said, that is normal for your ACs, the front AC will continue blowing air into the bedroom which also makes it colder back there. I have a snoring problem, so the DW says, we keep the back AC fan set to low during the night so the noise drowns out my supposed snoring. I think she's crazy, I never heard myself snore....
Old 06-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #37

One of the best investments you can make is a windshield and drivers window cover. They will make a huge difference in keeping the front cooler. Also awnings on the side windows help a bunch.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:22 PM   #38

Earlier in this thread I mentioned how my digital display will flicker between night and day mode. It just got worse..

When I turn my headlights on not only will the digital display flicker but ALL the lights on the dash will also go out, then come back on. Also, If I have my brights on when it flickers it will make the brights go back to normal then back to brights.

With so many lights failing do you think the headlight switch itself is just bad? I am assuming a short in a wire is not likely the culprit seeing how every light in the dash is affected and the headlights are affected too.
jakedempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:17 AM   #39

Mess around with the dimmer roller wheel that is next to the headlight switch mine sometimes has some strange behavior, and it sounds like it might be related.
chesterhull is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
390bh