Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

I went to pick up my Berk from the dealer in Canon City Colorado about a week ago. I live about 1.5 hours away in Littleton. So I get there and the dealer performed all necessary warranty work. I put the car on the dolly and got ready to go. I start the coach and the check engine light comes on then goes off - so all is good. I drive about 10 miles and while trying to pass a car the turbo quits working an the check engine light comes on. So I get back over to the other lane and the check engine light goes off and the turbo works again. All is good. I had about a 1/8 take of gas so I thought maybe the low fuel was the issue. I find a gas station and as I was pulling in the coach just shuts down. So dead on the water and my toad is 2 feet off the highway. I'm only about 12 miles from the dealer. It took the dealer about 40 minutes to get there. During that time you would not believe all the pissed off people because i was blocking 1 of 2 entrances. One guy ask me "why the hell did you park there"? No kidding! Plus people honking horns and saying choice words. I can't push the thing out of the way! Just unbelievable. And this is in a really small town! Finally a coupe of guys pulled me to the parking lot with their new chevy 3500 duramax.

So the problem was a clamp that holds the DEF line came lose. It fell onto the exhaust and the exhaust burnt a hole in it. I was told that when that happened the computer shut all down. Hence dead in the water. So the dealer had to tow it back.

That killed our camping trip that weekend where we reserved a spot - $80 gone. This was not the dealers fault but just luck of the draw. Moral of the story. You may want to get on the ground and check all clamps to make sure all is tight.
TaterColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #2

Wow- that really sucks!! Sorry to hear that you missed out on your trip but hopefully this will be the only big problem you have!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #3

Wow. I'm going to check mine as soon as I get showered and dressed. Thanks for the heads up!

I'll have a couple more posts about things to consider including a rather lengthy description of the new tankless hot water system the '12s have.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker
Wow. I'm going to check mine as soon as I get showered and dressed. Thanks for the heads up!

I'll have a couple more posts about things to consider including a rather lengthy description of the new tankless hot water system the '12s have.
I would very interested in hearing about it. I'm currently trying to order a 2012 for July pickup
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:51 AM   #5

why would the dealer not cover all this being you only had the unit like 15 min. Had it not started in their yard would they of not fixed it etc ?
Team Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
390bh