Originally Posted by 5456Mich
Anyone install a switch to keep the battery from drawing down while towing ? I need to look into that.
Joe: I have just the ticket for you concerning the fuse. I wish that I could attach a schematic, but I will explain in words
1. Fro an automotive store or Walmart, buy a accessory fuse adapter (AFA). It has a double fuse holder and a wire hanging off it.
2. Buy a nice rocker on/off switch (like from Radio Shack).
3. Solder two wires to the switch.
4. I mounted the switch to the underside lip of the dash on the left side. Since the switch has a square body, I drilled a hole on each side of the switch into the plastic das shroud and the merely used a plastic tie wrap to hold it. From sitting in the driver's seat, the face of the switch you can see.
5. Remove the fuse from the Honda's socket and insert the AFA into it.
6. Cut the two wires from the switch to length to reach the AFA.
7. Solder one end of the switches wires to the AFA wire.
8. Strip the end of the other wire, spread the wires a bit and put a glob of solder on the wires. Hammer the solder to shape it to be like the prong of the fuse. Trim if necessary to fashion it.
9. Plug the fuse into the accessory socket of the AFA.
10. Plug the fashioned loose wire end into the hot side of the open socket.
Enjoy not having to crawl under the dash to remove the fuse. - Hank