Old 11-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #41
Berkshire 390QS

A little high, wonder who makes them and if we could buy direct?

Skip
NO3putt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #42

I agree with the rest of y'all. I'm out, I would rather get the sliding trays for the cargo area.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I agree. I will spend the 600 but I want it to do something. More comfort or more function. As a 250 dollar option I would do it for sure. We priced out new driver and passenger seats when at Elkhart at Brad and Halls and I think I will just put the money into that than wood grain bezels. I should start a new thread but you have a RB what do you think of replacing the couch with two recliners. Other than getting rid if the dinette we can't get a longer couch. My feet hang off the end.
The two recliners would be tempting for me. I rarely have guests so don't really need the fold out bed. DW has mentioned it once or twice, but so far we've made no decision.

Boowho??
Old 11-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #44

I had a Celica convertible with a burl walnut accented dash. It was very nice until it developed gold sunburst spots that grew like a cancer. The FR dash might be different material, but I will stick with the vanilla dash.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #45

With that price I am looking at taking my love seat out and replacing it with a recliner instead.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #46
Forest River Accessories

For all you guys looking for a wood grain dash, have you considered hydrographics? There are many companies doing it now, essentially you would drop your pieces to them, the actual hydrographic process is a film that is applied in a tank of water, afterwards it gets several coats of automotive grade clear and will look like it was always that way. There are literally hundreds of patterns, wood grains, carbon fiber, metals and everything in between. It is generally relatively inexpensive as I have done most of the interior pieces in all of my cars. It's worth looking in to for a less expensive alternative.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAcessories View Post
For all you guys looking for a wood grain dash, have you considered hydrographics? There are many companies doing it now, essentially you would drop your pieces to them, the actual hydrographic process is a film that is applied in a tank of water, afterwards it gets several coats of automotive grade clear and will look like it was always that way. There are literally hundreds of patterns, wood grains, carbon fiber, metals and everything in between. It is generally relatively inexpensive as I have done most of the interior pieces in all of my cars. It's worth looking in to for a less expensive alternative.
I had already thought of something like that, but did not know if it might be available commercially. Thanks for the tip. I can see the appeal of designing my own unique graphics.

Boowho??
Old 11-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #48

That is a great idea! I could see myself liking a carbon fiber looking dash. Might make the coach gvw seem lighter too
Please let us know if anyone has a good source for this!
Old 11-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #49
Forest River Accessories

I know of several local companies in the Elkhart, Goshen and Plymouth Indiana areas that do a fantastic job. You could probably send them your pieces.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #50
Forest River Accessories

Elite Motorsports in Goshen Indiana, Rev Dynamics in Plymouth Indiana, Liquid Image in Elkhart Indiana have all done work for me in the past.

Tags
berkshire