Old 12-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #1

2014 Berkshire hitch question

My coach is currently at the dealer so I can't look it up / measure it myself, but I need to pick up a car hauler tomorrow at 7AM and I need to buy a hitch today. I wonder if anyone has the information handy. I need the height of the hitch receiver in Berkshire (2014 400BH-60), it is usually measured from the ground to the top of the opening and whether it is a 2 inch or 2 by 2,5 by 2,5.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Old 12-17-2014, 06:07 PM   #2

It is a 2 inch. Be careful on the receiver length. Try to find one where the pin hole has a longer distance between the ball mount because it is close to the rear cap. Not sure what measurement between ground and trailer is but I would get a 2 lift receiver. Hope this helps.

Mike

Old 12-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #3

I had the dealer's tech measure it for me. It is 12 inch of the ground if anyone will have the same question in the future. Did not think about pin hole. There is very little to select from in the stores. Most of the stuff has moved online, so I probably will have to order it online anyway, will just pick up something temp for tomorrow.

Don't know what I'd do without this forum.

Thanks Mike,
Old 12-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #4

Wow I wish I'd read this yesterday. 12" seems low. Makes me wonder if the air bags were inflated. My 2014 390RB-60 is 15" to the centerline of the hitch (so 16 to the top)

Gottawonder
Gottawonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #5

As I found out that 12 inches was not measured on the coach itself. This number came from customer service of forest river. My daughter was on the phone with them and initially they had no idea of what she's asking and then told her that it is 12". So I'll take that info with a grain of salt.

The coach just came back from Freightliner dealer where they measured and set ride height, so I'd hope it is correct. It is currently being worked on at Camping World of Chicago and I am picking it up tonight, I will measure it myself and since the ride height was just checked / set, should be where it suppose to be.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:14 PM   #6

I got my extra long receiver from etrailer.com. I also got a super extra London and welded a 2 receiver on a 6 inch riser and put my bile rack in it. Doesn't interfere with car with the bikes on.

Mike
Old 12-18-2014, 11:55 PM   #7

Mine was 22", if I remember correctly.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:59 AM   #8

So I measured it yesterday night when I got home and it is @ 18", same height as on my SUV.

Tags
2014, berkshire, hitch