Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2016, 02:13 PM   #1
BobbyJ

2017 Berkshire XL 40C

Anyone check out the new Berkshire XL 40C. If you own a Berkshire 38A you will find this honey is the same coach on steroids.
King Bed, larger refrigerator, Hide-a-Bed and more.

Very tempting...

BobbyJ
State College, Pa
Go Steelers!
Bobbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:03 PM   #2

I see it on the web site but I do not think and dealers have one yet.
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:21 PM   #3

If you like that, then look at the new Legacy 38C
oldkeywest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkeywest91 View Post
If you like that, then look at the new Legacy 38C

There is a huge difference between a Berkshire XL and a Legacy. Engine size tire size bigger transmission longer bigger and more expensive. Nothing at all wrong with the Legacy but not a comparable Moho.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:16 AM   #5
Dragonship Captain

There is a common term in the sailing arena "Two foot-itis".....

A few more feet and LOOK what you get! With boats it's even worse, because with a few feet in length comes as much as a foot in beam (depending on design) and that is a LOT of volume.

I have owned and operated a fifth wheel which, including the truck, put me at almost 64 feet overall. The size was quite restrictive in where I could go. One of the reasons I went to a MoHo is to reduce the size. (Although I must say that now having operated our Berk there are a LOT of other advantages I wasn't even aware of, but I digress)

So, as much as I would like to have the added features, I am sticking to my guns and keeping it under 40'. (The State Park I was in yesterday had that number as a limit and they are not the only one.....)

But, to each his own. Go for it and put a nice used 38A on the market to make someone happy with!
Old 01-10-2017, 09:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarvan View Post
There is a common term in the sailing arena "Two foot-itis".....

A few more feet and LOOK what you get! With boats it's even worse, because with a few feet in length comes as much as a foot in beam (depending on design) and that is a LOT of volume.

I have owned and operated a fifth wheel which, including the truck, put me at almost 64 feet overall. The size was quite restrictive in where I could go. One of the reasons I went to a MoHo is to reduce the size. (Although I must say that now having operated our Berk there are a LOT of other advantages I wasn't even aware of, but I digress)

So, as much as I would like to have the added features, I am sticking to my guns and keeping it under 40'. (The State Park I was in yesterday had that number as a limit and they are not the only one.....)

But, to each his own. Go for it and put a nice used 38A on the market to make someone happy with!
I second. We have owned numerous fivers over the years. Our last was a 40 footer towed by a extended cab dually. I hated how hard it was to maneuver this rig in the parks. I hated making my daily driver the dually. 3 accidents in 6 weeks, (none of them my fault,) convinced me to ditch the fiver and go the MH route. No regrets so far. The 40' MH is ALOT easier to deal with than the 40' fiver and the 24' dually.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:44 AM   #7

There will ALWAYS be something bigger, better, fancier, faster, ... etc. on the market! Best rule of thumb: Don't look unless you really want to change! Otherwise you will spend all of your time dreaming of "that other MH" and not enough time enjoying your RV time NOW!
For us, we love our 38A (other than the water heater!) so it works for us. For now....
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #8
Dragonship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
There will ALWAYS be something bigger, better, fancier, faster, ... etc. on the market! Best rule of thumb: Don't look unless you really want to change! Otherwise you will spend all of your time dreaming of "that other MH" and not enough time enjoying your RV time NOW!
For us, we love our 38A (other than the water heater!) so it works for us. For now....
x2..... And, working on fixing the water heater issue for once and for all. Stay tuned for more info!
Old 01-24-2017, 10:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
X3 - and I have so many MOD ideas (not even counting Silver's "cast of a 1,000 mods booklet" LOL)

Then, of course you have all your mods in and all the warts worked out and the thought of trading to another MoHo and starting the process all over again?!

We're good for now (but to each his own )
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:53 AM   #10
Dragonship Captain

Yeah, and we all have the $$ figure in our head for what we plop down for the units, but we're all in denial when we think about the cost of all those mods..... Because do they ever add up!
Old 01-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Yeah, and we all have the $$ figure in our head for what we plop down for the units, but we're all in denial when we think about the cost of all those mods..... Because do they ever add up!
But But But....you are saying it actually COSTS MONEY for me to mod the MoHo I purchased?

Old 01-24-2017, 04:53 PM   #12
Dragonship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
But But But....you are saying it actually COSTS MONEY for me to mod the MoHo I purchased?

Oh yeah........ My Amazon order history is something I don't really want to look at... And there's things I got from other purveyors.... oh baby. There's a UPS truck dedicated to my address.......
Old 01-24-2017, 04:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Oh yeah........ My Amazon order history is something I don't really want to look at... And there's things I got from other purveyors.... oh baby. There's a UPS truck dedicated to my address.......
SNIFFFFFFF mmmm ILOVE the smell of burning plastic in the morning!
Old 02-19-2017, 02:47 AM   #14

[QUOTE=Bobbyj;1384620]Anyone check out the new Berkshire XL 40C. If you own a Berkshire 38A you will find this honey is the same coach on steroids.
King Bed, larger refrigerator, Hide-a-Bed and more.

Very tempting...
Hi Bobby,

We have a new 2017.5 Berkshire 40c on order. It should be delivered in a week or so. Upgraded our FR Georgetown for the new unit. We put 20k miles over 27 states in our 351ds in a little over a year. We were very happy with it. Having 4 kids the extra bathroon & bunks will be crucial. Big fridge along with the washer & dryer will help. The fit and finish seems to be on another level. Gloss furniture finish on cabinets, raised panel doors, led lighting...etc.The 380 diesel & air brakes will help in the mountains. Smart technology/ fiber through out and we will be able to open slides and controll lighting outside from a cell phone app. I will update when we get our hands on it. Our unit will be one of the first 40c's produced. We are excited to get it! Photo is of or 351 we traded in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160705_075221.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	130176  
Torrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #15

Hi Torrey,
Congrats on the new Berk 40C and Welcome to the Berkshire Family! We look forward to hearing all about it! Oh and don't forget to bring a DVD with you when you pick up the new one (to test run the DVD player).
Have Fun!
2011 Honda CR-V toad
Old 04-25-2017, 08:22 PM   #16
BobbyJ

Hi Torrey,

We too are excited to mention we have an XL 40C on order. Our 38A is very beautiful and works perfectly, so I hope the new "version" (of the 38A) is as good or better. I am sure that comment will bring out the "wats-a-matta-u" for trading in a perfect motorhome. Yep, no good answer. Maybe after I get my hands on it I will be able to answer my own question. Anyway, our date is a July delivery. Keep in touch so we can compare notes. What color did you choose, or is that a surprise? http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...es/trink39.gif

Best regards,

BobbyJ
Bobbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:38 PM   #17

2018 40C

Our new Berkshire XL40C
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 40c.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	579.6 KB
ID:	135978  
Torrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:35 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyj View Post
Hi Torrey,

We too are excited to mention we have an XL 40C on order. Our 38A is very beautiful and works perfectly, so I hope the new "version" (of the 38A) is as good or better. I am sure that comment will bring out the "wats-a-matta-u" for trading in a perfect motorhome. Yep, no good answer. Maybe after I get my hands on it I will be able to answer my own question. Anyway, our date is a July delivery. Keep in touch so we can compare notes. What color did you choose, or is that a surprise? http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...es/trink39.gif

Best regards,

BobbyJ
Hi Bobby,
Congrats on the new Berk! I changed your info on the Berk Buddy List to show the 2017 40 C instead of the 2016 38A! Enjoy the new rig!
Karen
2011 Honda CR-V toad
Old 04-27-2017, 07:08 PM   #19

It looks like a beauty. Enjoy the heck out of it!

Tags
berkshire