Old 01-02-2018, 09:37 AM   #11

This is why I buy used units. I let someone else do the testing for the manufacturers. my present unit was tested for 13 years before I bought it

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:14 PM   #12
BobbyJ

It is sad that I had to purchase a ceramic cube heater for my $250,000 motorhome to heat the bedroom. We remain unhappy glampers.

Bobbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:15 AM   #13

BobbyJ, WE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! Took delivery of our 2018 38A last week. We cannot get heat to our bedroom area. We canít control the heat pump just as you stated. The system runs both HP and furnace and then decides which system runs based on temperature. We will be going thru propane very quickly at this rate! Cold air from the ceiling. Warm air from the tiny circle vents near floor. The tiny vent in our rear bath is useless. Barely any heat making it all the way back there. I finally shut off the rear unit and just ran the front. We never did get the bedroom to a reasonable temp. Space heater is our best option we figure at this point. Very frustrating and disappointing to say the least. Everything is controlled from that touch screen so that adds to the confusion. If you do find the right combo of controls, please post! We are gonna need it! Thanks!
CampTBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:17 PM   #14
BobbyJ

Why did we change the washer? Good question. The Ariston Splendide products are better appliances than the ones being installed by FR. We asked Forest River to do that for us, but they have a contract with Whirlpool and would not install the Splendide, so we asked our dealer, Motorhomes2Go and they did it for free with the exchange of the stock units. They too were surprised there was no hot water line, but had already agreed to make the switch, and never complained. We were very pleased with Motorhomes2go.

Regards,

BobbyJ
State College, PA
Old 03-05-2018, 12:50 PM   #15
BobbyJ

Temporary Fix for Heat pump Operation via Precision Circuits in 2018 40C and 38A.

Here is what I did, and it worked perfectly. Naples, Florida. Outside temperature 57. The objective here is to use the heat pump vs. the gas furnace, when conditions permit. The problem with the Precision Circuit's software is the gas furnace will engage with a delta of 5 degrees or 5 minutes of run time or both. We have no control of the heat pump as found in older models.

Here is the simple temporary fix for a good nights sleep:

1. Turn off the bedroom heat at the screen
2. Set the living room heat at your desired setting
3. Close the bedroom door for sound.
4. Pull out the 20 amp fuse to the furnace under the bed . It is H4 or H5. I pulled both for the test.

Now the heat pump does the work. No propane no resistance heating.

I intend to add a 12V switch to make this permanent. Note FR is aware of our issues. But you must write to them to get them to move forward with a software change. I spoke to Precision circuits.

Send your complaints to: George Cepynsky. gcepynsky@precisioncircuitsinc.com

Oh yes, my results after a cold 57 degree Florida night.

A.M. Bedroom - 73, Living room- 72, Set temp. 72. Noise? None.

The screen will say Heat Pump + Furnace, but of course the furnace cannot run with out a fuse.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:30 PM   #16
BobbyJ

Oops! The correct email address to send your complaint to is: g.cepynsky@precisioncircuitsinc.com. I forgot the "." After g

Tags
bed, berkshire, roo