Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2017, 06:14 PM   #1

2018 BK XL 40C Outside TV

I took off the external TV off my 40C, and there is a RCA connection coming off the back of the TV. I attached a photo. I am going to do some testing, but I suspect it is an audio out. I have never seen the black cylinder the cable is attached to, but since there is only the COAX and HDMI connected, it may be something that converts the audio when using either an HDMI (Likely) or COAX (less likely) source.

Assuming it is an audio out, (I can test it tomorrow), does anyone know where it goes. It is attached to another RCA Cable which goes out with the ethernet and coax cables. The outside stereo is a JENSEN MS-30, and has an aux input, but it is a 3.5 mm connection next to the stereo. Logically, it would go out from the TV to the stereo, but there is only one aux input on the Jensen.

Anyway, I originally was taking off the TV to connect a converter to take the optical audio out from the TV to RCA so I could use the stereo for volume when watching the outside TV. If this does it already, then all the better.

Thanks for any input.

I'll post more tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0591[1].jpg
Views:	94
Size:	400.3 KB
ID:	157073  
Old 11-24-2017, 10:51 AM   #2

AUX Audio OUT

I tested the connection, and it is RCA audio out to the Jensen Stereo. I guess if I plug something into the 3.5 mm AUX connection on the stereo and have the TV ON, I will get a mix as the two inputs are both connected to the one AUX in on the Jensen.

Guess I don't need to connect an Optical to RCA box on the Optical Output of the TV.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:53 PM   #3

Tv is hooked up to the jenson aux connection
doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote