Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2019, 09:12 PM   #1

34qs no power to front TV

TV worked this morning before leaving for 150 mile drive. Now no TV for evening news. How do you get behind the TV to see if the plug is still in. Oscar said there is a big plug in the back, connected to the engine so the TV doesn't work while driving. Want to see if it fell out. So how go you get the TV off the wall. Thanks

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #2

Have you checked your circuit breakers and your inverter converter to ensure they are online. I just corrected a problem in an allegro that lost TV and Frig because the inverter/ converter had overloaded and tripped.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:35 AM   #3

Maybe a stupid Idea but front TV is tied into the run system is on it won't let TV play maybe relay is stuck thinking engine is still running. Maybe start engine up put into drive then back into park then off see if it will come on.
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #4

On my 2015 34QS, the TV over the front window is on the Bathroom power circuit. So, check your Bathroom power. If it is good, the most likely explanation is Oscar's.

I agree that getting at that TV and its plug is a pain. I notice that there are screws in the walls of the cabinets on either side of the TV. I assume that removing those will let the TV assembly come out. You'll need someone to hold the TV while the other removes the screws.

–Gordon
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 03:07 PM   #5

All the breakers are good, gfi in bathroom and kitchen good, outlet in the cabinet next to TV good. I think the transmission interlock is going to be the problem. Will get into that next I start the engine and have the levelers up.

Gordon, read most of your revised manual. Very nicely done. Liked the part on the EMS energy management system, already made a few changes per your discussion.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:16 PM   #6

Bob,

I had your encouragement in mind when I revised my Manual. Thanks.

Further to the front TV issue: To isolate the cause of the problem more sharply, check to see if you can watch a DVD or other video on your Jensen stereo when parked. If you can, this suggests that the problem is with the relay Oscar mentioned, by the TV. If you can't, it suggests that your Park Brake connection is missing.

When I installed my Sony radio, I noticed under the dash a wire labelled "Park Brake". It went into the old Magnadyne and supplied 12V to say when the park brake was on. This lets the Magnadyne play a DVD. My Sony doesn't have a DVD player, so I didn't need this wire. But, it still sits underneath the dash.

–Gordon
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:56 AM   #7

How many gfi you have maybe with all this new stuff with the campers there might be a other.Have you pull the plug out and see if the wires didn't fall off.With these great roads we have there a lot of bouncing going on
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:31 PM   #8

Did a couple hundred miles today, still the TV doesn't work. Leaning more towards something fell off behind the TV. Mystery will be solved when I get home in Oct. Will advise everybody the outcome when known.

Old 08-15-2019, 11:56 PM   #9
Dragonship Captain

https://dragonship.blog/cockpit-television/

Tags
power