Old 08-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #11
The comparable Tiffin has 3 roof ac units. I replaced a 13.5 units with 15k unit on another motorhome and it about $600 for the ac unit(labor is extra but I sold the 13.5 for $300). It worked better but I'm not sure if it was the extra capacity or the fact that it was new. Others on the forum have added a third. With prechilling and direct venting, I manage to keep my coach liveable even on the hottest Texas days.

kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #12
Will a camp ground 50 amp service run all three A/C units?

Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #13
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Will a camp ground 50 amp service run all three A/C units?

Yes Sir it will.
EJM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #14
Update to my A/C ordeal

Yikes ... what an ordeal this has been. After spending several days of self diagnosis, I had come to the conclusion that the front A/C Heat Pump is not working.

I searched the Dometic site high and low trying to find a telelphone number that will allow me to talk to a person. No Luck. In the interest of cost savings, it would appear that Dometic no longer feel it is a requirement of good customer service for the customer to actually have access to the service department.

THe best I could do was to get the telephone number of the "Dometic Service Centre" ni my area. A mobile service by the name of SureFire. Having dealt with them in the past on an other issue I game them a call. After explaining the problem over the telephone, they told me that teh A/C unit would likely be replace on warranty however Dometic would not cover the service call (approx $50). This seemed strange since they are "the Dometic service rep" in the area. I bit the bullet and called them out.

Within minutes, he confirmed that the A/C unit needed to be replaced. The compressor and fan were rinning but no cooling was taking place.

The kicker came when I was told that he no longer replaces A/C units due to problems with his back ... I was tols to take the unit to the dealer that I purchased the unit from and to contact Dometic for preauthorization.

Unfortunately ... I purchased it from a FR dealer in an other city that does not carrie or service andy motorized units ... the Berk dealer nearest to me has been reluctant to work on my unit since it was not purchased from them and when they do ... they charge through the nose.

Does anyone out there know how to get ahold of a "live person" at Dometic?
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #15
2011 Berkshire 390BH
Did you try:

That is there customer service number for RV support in Elkhart, Indiana

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #16
We had to have front heat pump unit replaced, no AC, last summer. Called Dometic, found number in the Dometic manual. Took it to an RV dealer that worked on Dometic and Dometic paid the full bill...
marialee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #17
I too called Dometic (don't remember the number I called) looking for some technical assistance and was told that they do not provide any technical assistance and I should just take my coach into a dealer and have them look at my air conditioners. The have NON EXISTENT customer technical assistance.
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #18
That is not good news. Most dealers aren't real excited about working on A/C.
Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #19
My 2011 Berkshire 390 is unable to keep up with California Central Valley temperatures. Both A/C units work fine, but noisy. Have tried everything i can think of to fix this situation. Two summers now and no relief. Am considering trading for a model with 3 A/C units.
Berk390QS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #20
3rd AC

I'm having the same problem with the 2012 390bh, cabin only cools to 83 when its 94 outside.... Looks like the solution is to add a 3rd A/C... Hoping that someone here can help with the particulars.

jimwillis00 is offline   Reply With Quote