Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2018, 06:15 AM   #1

390BH Drivers/ Passenger seat.

So I just had the front seats recovered. Mine were peeling and Mitch hooked me up with new covers. Had them installed by Distinctive Interiors in Toms River NJ, they did a great job. New material feels better than original.

Now here is what I really want to share- I'm 5'-9 and I always felt like the drivers seat was too high, and the passenger seat was as well (my wife's feet would not touch the floor) .
When I removed the seats there are 4 studs that come through the floor, and the tile has been cut out, a piece of carpet, 4 washers, the chair base and 4 more washers.

By removing the carpet under the base, and putting only one washer on the bottom, I was able to lower the seats about 3/4 of and inch. This does not sound like much- but It made a huge difference to me, and it free.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:24 PM   #2

I've also removed the seats to make up a template for an all weather carpeting up front around the seats. The washers on my seats were already on top of the seat mounting system so they must do them randomly at the factory. Yes I had 6 - 8 washers at each bolt.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:05 PM   #3

Hi Dave-g,
Our seats have also started to show some peeling. Would be interested in hearing about your experience with the recovering, i.e., cost, time involved, etc. Thanks in advance.
jandp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:00 PM   #4

I got the seat covers from the factory. After providing a build tag that was under the seat- they provided the replacement covers at no charge (warranty) . I assume they had a bad run of material. I had a local place install them. I had to cover the labor, which I was happy to do.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:57 PM   #5

Did you just supply pictures of the wear on the seats? I am just starting to have that problem on the passenger seat in my 2014.
mikeborny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:05 AM   #6

I sent pictures of the seat, looking for replacement covers,( I did not ask for them for free) They then asked me to find a piece of paper that was tucked under the seat, in the springs, which gave them the style and when the seated were built.

Then much to my surprise, they said they would send them at no charge. It took about 6 week for them to ship.

I sent the email to Andy and Mitch
Old 01-31-2018, 06:14 AM   #7

Another good example of the excellent support we get from the Diesel division.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Another good example of the excellent support we get from the Diesel division.
You are correct- Do you know that with Newmar ( the other brand I was looking at)- NO warranties transfer to the 2nd owner, and if your rig is 5 years or older the factory will no longer work on it.

The reason I bought my Berkshire used ( which I feel added to the retail value) is the continued factory support to the 2nd owner.

Before I bought my rv I call the factory with the vin. and they were so helpful to talk about past warranty work (front axle issue).

So far they have been over the top helpful to me!!!
Old 01-31-2018, 08:05 AM   #9

My seat covers started peeling rather quickly. The factory sent replacements free of charge. I found an article that gave pretty good directions on diy replacement. After about 1 year the covers on all the upholstery started to peel including the replacements the factory sent.

I then went with Ultrafabrics ultra leather and got the front seat covers from Flexsteel. Had a local shop do the sofa and food booth. The ultra leather is far superior fabric to the original stuff.

All in all spent about $3500 to get it done but is well worth the expensive.

Order some free samples of ultra leather and try to damage it. It’s pretty amazing stuff.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:09 PM   #10

We just replaced our covers. FR was of no help on our 2013. New covers from Flexsteel were $800 and $730 to have a shop install them after we removed the seats.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:50 AM   #11

So the sofa and Love seat started to fall apart. I went to upholstery shop, that does home furniture, They waned to use a product called Recycled Leather. He says it great, feels great- but I have heard ultra leather is the way to go-

If you covered your sofa what did you use?

Tags
390bh