Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
2008 390BH

390BH Slide Lock Storage

where do you store your slide locks when not in use. I have typically put them under the master bed or between the bunks and sliding door. I am not a fan of either of these spots since it takes up good storage space under the bed or it gets in the way of the sliding door sometimes.

I found a spot last night that might work. When the kitchen slide is in all the way there is a small space up inside the slide out that handles all 4 locks and still lets the slide move in / out. I would drive around with these here as they might slide somewhere they shouldn't. They would be here only when the coach is stationary.

Another spot that I was thinking was inside the pull out couch down on the floor. I havent tried it yet.

Any other ideas that work? dont work?

I have just about all of my storage used inside and I dont want to store these in the basement.

justin
justinph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #2

Justin,
Do you use your locks when travelling? I didn't use them at first but when we were travelling with my son and his family, he was sitting at the kitchen table and said to me that the slides were swaying in and out. I had had trouble with my slide mechanism so I felt that the added motion and stress on the slides would not be a good thing. I now use 3 of the 4 slide locks. 2 on the kitchen slide and 1 on the living/dining slide(only because it is extremely tight to get a lock in front of the TV). When not in use, we store them in the closet in the rear of the coach.
Regards,
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
2008 390BH

i use all four when traveling. The closet already has "stuff" in it. I had these in the closet originally and had these fall on my foot when I had to move it around to get something out. ouch. not going to have this happen again so i want them out of the way.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #4

How do you find getting the one in front of the TV in place?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
2008 390BH

tight but i manage
Old 06-28-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
2011 Berkshire 390bh

We have never used them in either this coach or our last one. We've never felt we had the need to use them.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #7

Ed,
Don't know if you saw one of my posts, but once when we were on the road my son and his wife were sitting at the dinette. He said that he saw both slides moving in and out at the top. Since I had some problems with the slide mechanism, I felt that that extra strain and motion on the slides was something that might cause further problems. I have been using the locks ever since.
Hope all is going well on your trip.
Tom

Tags
390bh, berkshire, surveyor