Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #1

390RB-60 Question

We were supposed to bring home our new coach today but had to reject delivery since not only did we find a significant gouge in the paint, but the dealership could not locate any of the manuals or the remote controls for TV's, sound bar, and home theater. Wasn't comfortable without manuals or getting the body work done on my time (but their dime).

Long story-short: Right before we left the box with the manuals and remotes was found and I brought it home to review and familiarize before picking the coach up in a few days.

One of the remotes was to a Sony Blu-Ray player - but I went all through that coach today and did not see a Blu-ray player. The home theater system is RCA and it has a DVD player, but again, I didn't see any Blu-ray.

Is there supposed to one in there? If so, where?
Old 06-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #2

The blue ray is in the bedroom. Cabinet to the left of the TV. Top shelf. Its small and easy to overlook. At least thats where mine is in my 390BH.

Sorry to hear the delivery didn't go so well. Thats frustrating.

Best of luck.

Mike
Mbh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #3

Thanks - I'll be sure to look there. Dealer has been great otherwise but I could do without an extra 6-hour round trip.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #4

What dealer are you using?
wbonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #5

I am using Albany RV in Albany, NY. They really have gone over and above on most issues, gave me a great deal and included many extras. Even with yesterday's snafu I would recommend them to anyone as they are very accommodating and fair.
** I'll quickly post a retraction to that recommendation if delivery is delayed again!
Old 06-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #6

We purchased used from AlbanyRV. While I was happy with the price I paid, I have found their service department to be sorely undersized. We purchased an extended warranty from them and when we went to make a service appointment this spring, they did not have an available appointment for 2 months! It seems to me they are geared for sales rather than putting any priority on service.

Fortunately, we have found a competitor that will do work under the warranty and could get us in the next day.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielJ View Post
We purchased used from AlbanyRV. While I was happy with the price I paid, I have found their service department to be sorely undersized. We purchased an extended warranty from them and when we went to make a service appointment this spring, they did not have an available appointment for 2 months! It seems to me they are geared for sales rather than putting any priority on service.

Fortunately, we have found a competitor that will do work under the warranty and could get us in the next day.
DanielJ: may I ask the competitor name in case I wind up in the same boat?
Old 06-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #8

We are currently using Alpin Haus in Amsterdam. They have been very responsive so far. This is for work under a third party extended warranty rather than the manufacturers warranty. They are a big outfit though (40 service bays) so I wouldn't be surprised if they are authorized by Forest River as well.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #9

Called the dealer, who told me that this model year did NOT use Sony. Gave him back the remote only to find a ...wait for it... Sony Blu-Ray player right where Mbh818 said to look for it. All's well in the end - got my remote back and looking forward to enjoying my new Blu-ray player!
Old 06-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #10

DanielJ - You probably made out better anyway. I got the dealer to throw in a sat dish and receiver. When they installed the receiver it was just laid on top of the RCA theater system - didn't go fully into the cabinet since there is a surge protector mounted in the back of the space - but they left it like that and broke the door, probably trying to close it not noticing how far out it was. Sales and delivery were great with the shop jumping on everything we found. Just hoping the cabinet door isn't indicative of their level of service.