Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #1

A/C Exterior Drains

I have a 2008 Berkshire 390 bh that I understand has ducted a/c condensation drains. I see a drain in the driver's front corner of the RV that does drain water when we run the a/c. However, both front and rear a/c's are draining water onto the roof, which in turn runs down the side of the RV.

I just had CW put on new seals/gaskets under the A/C and am wondering if they didn't hook up the drains correctly, or if all Berkshires drain water off the side.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
trttrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #2

I have a 2012 390bh. Currently in very warm SC. Both ac's are running. I have a piped drain at left front and one at the rear left Water is coming out both equally. I hope that helps
Mmnsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #3

Did you have both gaskets replaced (front and rear ac)? If so, have them check to make sure that they didn't put the drain tubes under the gaskets pinching down on them which would prevent the water from draining through the ducted drain.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #4

Try pulling down the filter. Look in there you will see the clear tubes that come from each side. They connect in the middle to a drain line. Make sure they are in tact and hooked up. They may have put the gasket down right in the drain line with out cutting a hole for it. Therefore blocking it from draining.
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #5

Thank you very much for the replies. Very helpful!! I will check it out and let you all know what I find.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trttrving View Post
Thank you very much for the replies. Very helpful!! I will check it out and let you all know what I find.
Did you figure out what was wrong?
Old 04-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #7

Just got home today and have been working on it. The drain lines in both A/C appear to be hooked up and secured correctly. There are drain tubes in both the front and rear, driver's side. A little water comes out, but most over the side of the roof. Now that we are home, the A/C's are not on so a little harder to diagnose. I did use a wet vac on both drain tubes. The other idea is to blow air through the drain lines from the inside out. I'll tackle that another day when it isn't raining.

I am hoping the lines are just sort of plugged up from a long period of non-use.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #8

I had a ac problem under warranty. After they changed the ac unit out I had a similar problem. It turned out to be the plastic pans that catch and drain the water to the tubes were broken when they reinstalled the units. If you look under the ac unit on each side you will see a white plastic pan on each side. Make sure they are clean but also where the pan connects to the drain line can break. You may have to loosen the unit and lift it up to be able to tell. The person who broke mine tried to glue it together and it didn't work and drained out on the roof. I ordered some and replaced them myself.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #9

Thanks, lkucas. I checked it out when I got home from work tonight. The drain pans seem to be intact, but do have some debris in them that may be clogging them. This Saturday I plan to take it apart so I can clean the pans out.

Thanks again to everyone...your input is great!