Old 05-02-2014, 10:20 PM   #31

Bill I'll check when I get a chance. Grandkids came in a while ago :-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forest River Forums mobile app

Old 05-02-2014, 10:22 PM   #32

Grand kids was my full time job today. Worn out!

Old 05-02-2014, 10:32 PM   #33

In my slide there is a inline slide connector for the Fireplace and TV. This is to disconnect the flexible SJ/SJO cable (black rubber) and the NMD (plastic sheathed) cables. These might have come undone if the harness was pinched when opening the slide.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
In my slide there is a inline slide connector for the Fireplace and TV. This is to disconnect the flexible SJ/SJO cable (black rubber) and the NMD (plastic sheathed) cables. These might have come undone if the harness was pinched when opening the slide.
I think you may be onto something. Since there is no slack in the cable for the slide to move, I was thinking there must be some piece of the puzzle missing that I wasn't aware of and this may be it.
How do you access this connector?
Maybe if I pull the slide in and put it back out it might make connection?

Old 05-02-2014, 10:57 PM   #35

The connector is inside the actual cabin part of the trailer slide. Mine is behind the fireplace approximately 6 inches from where the black SJ/SJO cable enters from underneath. I am sorry I don't have pictures.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:34 AM   #36

Sounds more like there is a breaker tripped on your inverter. The Breakers are small buttons and you would not think they are breakers and cannot see they are tripped. Turn inverter off at the inverter as well as turn off the breaker and back on. I doubt any wiring has come apart.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Sounds more like there is a breaker tripped on your inverter. The Breakers are small buttons and you would not think they are breakers and cannot see they are tripped. Turn inverter off at the inverter as well as turn off the breaker and back on. I doubt any wiring has come apart.
Silver thanks for the tips. I did get out my manual and looked at The Breakers on my unit. Mine only has the one input breaker. It does not have the two output breakers on the inverter.

Wanted to let everyone know that my company has now left and maybe I can do some troubleshooting again. And just to give feedback to you all that have offered advice. I know we all hate it when the OP disappears before the resolution has come to pass.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:55 PM   #38

Dan any update?
Old 05-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #39

Not yet phil. We had to rush home to beat the Thunder storms, and have been visiting someone in the hospital the last couple days that had brain surgery.
I think I did learn more about the system the last couple days though. I had been wondering about a secondary sub panel for the inverter. I read today something showing that the right side of the breaker panel is actually separate from the left side and holds the circuit breakers for the inverter.

Also was looking at the manual and the light on my inverter flash is very slowly 8 second intervals. I think the manual said to try a hard reset by unhooking the battery. It also indicated that an input mihgt be loose.

BTW, here is a pic of my inverter showing I do not have the 3 internal breakers. Just one 30 amp input. That's why I was looking for a sub panel.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:26 PM   #40

Update - A/C Outlets in Dinette Slide Quit Working

I finally was able to get my rig out of storage so I could work on it.
I think I have learned a lot about how it is wired, but I'm afraid I have not solved my problem yet.

Here is the update as I understand it:

I learned that the Breaker Box is actually 2 in 1 with a main panel on the left and the right side acts as a sub-panel. The sub-panel circuits all work off of the inverter.

Based on discussions on other recent threads, I was surprised that the Inverter powers everything but the Air Conditioners and Fireplace.

1. Since all other things work, I will assume the Inverter is NOT the problem.

2. I measure 120V on the Refer Breaker, so I assume there is no problem with wiring 'into' the panel or the breaker itself.

3. It looks to me like the issue IS between the breaker and the outlet behind the fridge.

Am I overlooking something?

Tags
slide