Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2019, 02:20 PM   #1

Accessing Bedroom TV to install firestick

Greetings All:
Have a question regarding accessing Master bedroom TV in BerkshireXLT 45A
We are trying to install a fire stick but have no idea how to access the back of the tv or even remove the tv. Any help, recommendations or instructions would be greatly appreciated.
wholistic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 03:12 PM   #2

while few folks here probably have your exact model, or floorplan, tell us 'where' it's mounted, 'how' it's mounted, etc... otherwise we are clueless...
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 03:33 PM   #3

Accessing Bedroom TV

Well, because we can't see behind the tv, we have no idea how it is mounted. It sits between the 2 closets and is completely closed in. We have tried lifting upwards, pushing in on the sides thinking it might telescope out ward. But we are at a loss, not enough room to even think about installing the fire stick. We are having the same problem with the outdoor (entertainment TV) we have no clue as to the mounting or how to remove it.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:40 PM   #4

We have a fire stick too and used the HDMI plug to plug it into the Matrix. That's the box that all of your TV's and DVD player pug into. Mine is in the compartment over the fireplace. I think your is in the bedroom in the compartment just below the TV. Plug the fire stick into one of the HDMI ports in the back of the matrix. Then you can use it on all of your TV's
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:28 PM   #5

Accessing Bedroom TV

We have the matrix box you speak of above the fireplace also. But I do not see a HDMI outlet only outlets labeled A, B, C, D
There is no matrix box under the TV in the bedroom
We currently use a firestick on the TV above the fireplace but I plug it directly into the back of the TV in the HDMI slot
Old 07-17-2019, 06:13 PM   #6

Thank-you so much for the info on the matrix box, I have figured it out configured & synced all of the tv's. I was also able to connect (2) firesticks one for the master bedroom and the other firestick for the additional (3) TV's.
Thanks for your reply really appreciate the helpful advice.
All smiles here.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:51 AM   #7

No problem.
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 07-18-2019, 07:46 PM   #8

I was out messing around with the TV's in our 2018 XL 40B yesterday. The TV in the living area above the fire place has a small black metal bracket/handle on it, but you have to release the TV by pulling a latch handle on the side of the cabinet to release the TV. You then use the metal bracket as a handle to swing the TV outward. Behind the TV is a mini bar with built in bottle holder rack and the built in safe.

So while in the bedroom I noticed this same bracket/handle on the TV that is mounted between two upper wardrobe cabinets. But look as I may I couldn't find a latch to release the TV. I took hold the bracket/handle and pulled outward and to my surprise the TV pulled open to revile a hidden storage area that I would have never believed was back there.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:57 PM   #9

Awesome. More hidden features.
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
Old 07-24-2019, 05:08 PM   #10

We didn't have any hidden compartments behind our bedroom TV but we did remove the TV. It was mounted on a small wooden box via 4 screws in the bracket. We removed the TV and we use the opening where the TV was for a small lamp and the clock radio.
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, roo