Originally Posted by DeepEddyVodka
I'm looking to add a 3rd (quieter) AC unit to my 2014 Berkshire 400BH. I live in Austin and we have some pretty intense, humid summers and the 2 (15K BTU) units are simply not cutting it for me.
I've seen some 'old' threads on adding an AC unit to the vent space in the Kitchen area but I'd like to know if there is any new input on the topic.
- Has anyone put a 3rd unit in that location successfully?
- Is there any issue tapping into power and can the coach handle the add on?
- Any recommendation on units that offer a strong cooling function but also quiet?
Brandon I would check a few things before you go forward with this project;
1) have the a/c units checked by a qualified tech, may not be working properly
2) If you do look to going forward with adding 3rd a/c unit, make sure the vent location has enough structure around it to support the a/c unit?
3) before you look to adding a third unit maybe have the units you have now upgraded, there are what is called "commercial" units that are better in many ways this be a good solution also with out having to worry about adding a third (structure, power needs, and more)
4) see if having outside window shades might help with your issue
Hope some of this helps and stay cool if you can "hot in Texas" and Happy Camping