Old 06-29-2016, 08:43 AM   #11

dsalmon55 - I forgot to mention; if parked in the sun, you can have as much heat pouring out your shower's dome that unifies the cooling. There has been several posts on how to block the dome.
Hank

Old 06-29-2016, 09:46 AM   #12

All great info, thanks. I will look into magna shades and research blocking the shower dome. As far as the inside temp I was just going by the reading on the AC digital wall thermostat. Thanks again, Dave

Old 06-29-2016, 10:29 AM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsalmon55 View Post
All great info, thanks. I will look into magna shades and research blocking the shower dome. As far as the inside temp I was just going by the reading on the AC digital wall thermostat. Thanks again, Dave
As I mentioned before, to make SURE your a/c is cooling properly you need to stick a digital thermometer in the intake and exhaust to see if you have atleast a 15° difference.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2016, 12:42 AM   #14

A/C

We just spent Sunday thru Wednesday at the beach (Destin). Temps were in the mid to upper 90's. Humidity was high. I had the thermostat set on 71. Our interior stayed at 70F the entire time. A/C units cycled on and off, and ran very little after sun down.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:36 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiceTheIce View Post
We just spent Sunday thru Wednesday at the beach (Destin). Temps were in the mid to upper 90's. Humidity was high. I had the thermostat set on 71. Our interior stayed at 70F the entire time. A/C units cycled on and off, and ran very little after sun down.
Would that be with 3 AC units running?
Old 06-30-2016, 08:09 AM   #16
Citrus County, Fl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiceTheIce View Post
I am guessing since you have the XLT, you have 3 AC units and better insulation and double pane windows. Try that on a 32' Class C with a single 15k. By the way, I am on my 3rd AC in less than a year.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:59 PM   #17

Xlt

Yes, it is an XLT. FR has hit a home run with this model. In Januaty, with freezing temps, we didn't need to use the furnaces. Between the heated floors and the heat pumps, it was more than comfortable.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:13 PM   #18

Re: Post #5 asking about a Dometic recall: NO, Dometic has not issued a recall that I know of. I'm not on my third 15K A/C unit since buying my TT in January 2014. Dometic has replaced the other two after a local service guy confirmed the exchange temps, between air going into the unit and out of the unit, and the amperage draw while the unit is running. Also: Dometic IS NOT extending the warranty of these units. Dometic warrants their A/C units for two years from the date of original purchase. IF you have a unit replaced the warranty runs out on the brand new unit the day your RV turns two years old from the original date of purchase. On the FR forum I read of one RV owner who had his fifth A/C unit put on two days before his purchase anniversary date. My local service guy says he has one customer who is on his third unit with an RV less than one year old.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:52 PM   #19

My Berk is 3 1/2 years old and I am on my 4th front Dometic A/C unit but the original on the rear one. Knock wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-06-2016, 11:02 PM   #20

That's interesting. Are they both 15K or one 15K and one 13.5K?

Tags
air conditioner