Old 03-14-2016, 12:15 PM   #11
Intex Air Mattress

Originally Posted by Bunci View Post
Any recommendations on brands? So many to choose from. Thanks for the help.
We have two Intex air mattresses and both seem sturdy and comfortable.

gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:01 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Bunci View Post
Has anyone used an air mattress for occasional guests? Any tips at best brands?
Although many things have remained the same in Berkshires over the years, the type of sofa and mattress seems to have gone through many changes for which I don't know all the variations. I've heard that some model years had what's called an air-coil sofa-sleeper.

My 2012 came with an odd shaped separate air mattress. The mattress sets on the sofa with its cushions removed and extends into the aisle. The mattress has an integral appendage that supports the portion of the mattress that extends into the aisle. It is really odd, but works.

We have found however to use the dinette as a bed or the bunks as the first priority and only mess with the air mattress when necessary.

It would be good to hear what other styles of sofas the FR installed.

Gale & Hank- 2012 Berkshire 390BH
I-RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:13 PM   #13
Our 390bh has a queen pull out sofa that uses the cushions. We put a 2" memory foam mattress topper on top of cushions and store it under sofa when not used. It is extremely comfortable with the topper. East to set up and put away.

Mike & Amy + 3 and the dogs!
2014 berkshire 390bh-40
mikeborny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:43 PM   #14
We use an Intex Fast-Fill Model AP619R with an internal air pump. These are single units which come in handy storage bags and inflate in less than 1 minute.

Fred Hardy
Phoenix, AZ
2014 Berkshire 390BH-60
2007 Explorer Sport Trac
fredhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 03:51 PM   #15
Our Berk has the L-shaped jackknife sofa which opens to sleep maybe one small person uncomfortably. I ordered an Intex air mattress today which we'll put on the floor when our daughter and granddaughter come later this month. Eventually, we will replace this couch with recliners. Thanks to everyone for the input.

2015 Berkshire XL 40 QL-60
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Bunci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:56 AM   #16
Air Mattress

We bought ours at Walmart. Works great for us. Has internal pump. During the day just let air out and fold & store on master bed.

If I had it to do over again I might look for a smaller one. A queen takes up most of the floor space. Hard to walk around. Maybe we use it 10 days a year for grandkids. Works great.

CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:05 AM   #17
I swapped the new mattress that came with the TT with the air mattress I have in the winnebago. It is a Colman queen camper mattress and does not loose air. I would recommend this mattress as a standby or everyday mattress.

Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab)
2006 F350 6.0
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

air mattress