Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2014, 07:38 AM   #1

Air Tanks

I have been perusing my Freightliner manual inside and out but cannot find where to drain the air tank(s). Are they automatic or should I be able to manually drain them and where do I find the drain? Thanks
frankatp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:55 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Normally the drain will be right at the bottom of the tanks themselves.
It may have a manual pull cord or a simple shut off valve to drain.
It's doubtful it has automatic drains.

TURBS

GOLF CART SAFETY INSTRUCTOR.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #3

Are you a member of the Freightliner Club? If not I would sure recommend that you join, it is well worth the small membership fee in discounts and information you will receive.
Not to mention that there is a direct line to Freightliner that will answer almost any question Freightliner related that you could think of asking.
Matter of fact I used my Freightliner Club Membership to purchase a new Jeep Liberty at employee plan pricing via a Freightliner PIN.

Past RVs: National Pacifica 40', Kenworth T300 Toterhome, Jayco Class C 32'. American Eagle 40',
American Eagle 40', Bounder 38' tag axle
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
Berkshire 390QS

Ours has 3 pull cords to drain the air tanks. They are located in the front wheel wells, 2 on one side and 1 on the other and they are sorta hidden behind the tires.
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #5

They do have automatic heat ejectors that eliminates the daily or weekly routine of manually draining the tanks but the manual says to drain them manually every 6 months. There are three wire lanyards in your front fender wells very easy to find. 2 on the right and one on the left (drivers side) They have a wire loop on the end. I just used a old awning pole and grab the loop with and and drained mine the other day since my unit is 6 months old now.

FYI, if you go on freight liners RV chassis website and click on the owner information tab then on the right there is a PDF "knowing your RV chassis" this has helped me out with just about every question I have had about my 14 berkshire.

Hope this helps

Jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #6

There are drain lanyards for the tanks. There should be 2 cords on the passenger side and one on the drivers side. The are located on the chassis rail behind the front tires. When I say behind the front tires I mean toward the middle of the coach not toward the rear. They may be difficult to see because they are probably covered with the black undercoating that the chassis rails are coated with.
Hope this helps.

oops- looks like no3putt and jtn8 type faster than I do.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #7

I don't know about Rv air tanks but when I was younger helped my father work on Semi's and they had a valve at the bottom of the tank. When they were drained of the condensation we always had another valve that we added alcohol to to keep the air lines from freezing in winter. Now its been over 20 yrs since then and some things have changed. You have an expensive vehicle I would call the dealer and ask questions, repairs on air systems can be expensive.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #8

Air Tanks

Thanks Guys, I will look for the lanyards as soon as our rig gets out of the shop. (Warranty work). Joining the Freightliner club is a great idea. I would also like to go to the camp this year. Happy New Year everyone. Frank
frankatp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank