Old 07-23-2015, 08:10 PM   #1
Albuquerque Balloon Festival

Are any of you considering the festival in October? If so where are is everybody staying?

Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:25 PM   #2
I did the festival in 2012 and it was fantastic. I reserved my site at the complex about nine months beforehand. You really need to do it a year in advance. I had a dry-camp site within walking distance to the launch area, but they had a continuous school buss shuttle that you can use.

I advise staying at the complex, because if you camped in an outside campground, you would have to get up and travel in the dark, fight major traffic and find parking to get to the early morning launches. Your RV is your home and it is certainly nice to have your home there and not miles away.

Gale & Hank- 2012 Berkshire 390BH
I-RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
Originally Posted by Paulie Boy View Post
Are any of you considering the festival in October? If so where are is everybody staying?
We went last year and stayed in the Festival RV lot. Literally across the street from the balloon field. As said before free shuttle service about every 15 min. both to and from the field. By far the best and most convenient place to camp/park.
We dry camped with about 10,000 others and had a perfectly wonderful time.
That's our little TT parked right there with the Big Boys
If you're lucky and the wind blows just right you don't even need to leave the campground
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_1210.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	83940   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_1742.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	83941   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_1764.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	83942  
FR Wildwood 22 RKS
2007 1/2 Dodge 2500, Cummins 6.7
Retirement training completed
Currently enjoying second childhood
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:30 AM   #4
Berkshire club
we also went back in 2013 and got the president campground that overlooks the balloon launch field from a bluff, we had water and electric, a honey wagon service for sewer 1 free service came with campsite included passes and golf cart service down to the launch field they ran all day and if you
were lucky you could rent a cart or use your own if you brought it had a wonderful time weather was great we sat in the front seats one cold morning having our coffee and watched them rise right out the front windshield all warm and cozy really great time it should be on everyone's bucket list.
2014 360QL-60 Mystic Garnet
Berkshire Driver is offline   Reply With Quote