Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2016, 08:27 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
klucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 351
Allison 3000 transmission service.

I am going to change my transmission filters and fluid on my 2012 bh390-60 with Allison 3000 transmission. The local freightliner told me they can't look up the part numbers for the filters I need I have to bring them in to match up what they have in stock. Does anyone happen to know the part numbers? Also how much fluid did you use? Any info would be great.




Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:53 AM   #2
2014 360 QL
 
po 185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: gardendale texas
Posts: 122
it would be best to change the fluid, if you have not done it yet
__________________

__________________
2014 360 ql
po 185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:36 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
ilmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas View Post
I am going to change my transmission filters and fluid on my 2012 bh390-60 with Allison 3000 transmission. The local freightliner told me they can't look up the part numbers for the filters I need I have to bring them in to match up what they have in stock. Does anyone happen to know the part numbers? Also how much fluid did you use? Any info would be great.




Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Have you tried getting the info from their website?

Parts - Service
__________________
2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLE
ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:58 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 65
The part number is in the manual. Also there should be a magnet on the filter they will not be on the new filter. When I did it I filled the filter with fluid and checked the level after I ran it.

Mike
__________________
mcomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:13 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
klucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 351
Mine has 2 internal filters. I am surprised the freightliner place couldn't look up the part number. I will get the serial number and look it up on the web site as suggested above.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:01 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
EJM4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mechanicsburg - PA
Posts: 473
I had mine serviced last year at the local Allison dealer and they told me there are no internal filters in mine...
__________________
Earl
2013 Berkshire 390BH / 360hp
EJM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:43 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
klucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 351
Allison 3000 transmission service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJM4 View Post
I had mine serviced last year at the local Allison dealer and they told me there are no internal filters in mine...

If you have the 360 Cummins with the 3000mh trans there are two internal filters. The 340 Cummins with the 2500 trans has an external filter I believe.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:21 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas View Post
If you have the 360 Cummins with the 3000mh trans there are two internal filters. The 340 Cummins with the 2500 trans has an external filter I believe.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2500 has internal and a small external spin on.
__________________

__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
service

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.