Old 04-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmerchant View Post
Well Boohoo, I am glad you started this thread cause I couldn't figure out those pesky map lights for the life of me, including tearing them apart to check bulbs, connections etc! And now I know!!

That being said does everyone know how to use the "high idle" feature for the engine? Did you know that we even have a high idle feature? It's another one of those map light "oh that's how that works" feature......With unit in neutral and park brake applied, rev up the engine (it doesn't matter how much because the high idle is preset, it just needs to know that you are setting it) and then push in the "set" button on the end of the cruise control stalk. Voila, your high idle is now engaged and engine should idle around 1000 rpm. We should start a separate thread for all the little "how to use/do" stuff in our coaches. That would be way more fun then actually reading a manual....
I wasn't aware of that feature on the coach, but in the trucks I drove it was quite common. All you had to do was press the accelerate button on the cruise control. Every time you hit it the idle speed would increase a bit, so you pretty much set the idle speed anywhere you wanted (just keep bumping the accelerate button).

When drivers idle over night in a truck stop for either heat or air conditioning, supposedly an idle of less than 1000 RPM will not keep enough oil circulating to the turbine bearings and you will seriously damage the turbine. So, I've been told, anyhow.

I do thank you for pointing that out. Didn't know it was on the coach chassis.

Boowho??

P.S. Excellent idea on the separate thread for this type of info. Maybe a moderator could even make it "sticky"?

Old 06-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmerchant View Post
Well Boohoo, I am glad you started this thread cause I couldn't figure out those pesky map lights for the life of me, including tearing them apart to check bulbs, connections etc! And now I know!!

That being said does everyone know how to use the "high idle" feature for the engine? Did you know that we even have a high idle feature? It's another one of those map light "oh that's how that works" feature......With unit in neutral and park brake applied, rev up the engine (it doesn't matter how much because the high idle is preset, it just needs to know that you are setting it) and then push in the "set" button on the end of the cruise control stalk. Voila, your high idle is now engaged and engine should idle around 1000 rpm. We should start a separate thread for all the little "how to use/do" stuff in our coaches. That would be way more fun then actually reading a manual....
I think that would be a very good idea but put then in alphabetical order so i know were to look