Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
tmmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island (Nassau County), NY
Posts: 4,258
The new unit is a heat pump and it replaced a unit which was a heat pump. I don't understand why it wouldn't be compatible either. As I said in another thread, I think that the people at Boat n Rv are just blowing smoke you-know-where because they made a mistake and ordered the wrong unit and don't want to own up to it.
__________________

__________________
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Same here - I have always smiled whenever I see the term "BTU" defined. The definition I have always known is " The amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit ."

Why couldn't they say One quart or one gallon of water?
One pound of water is = to approx 1 pint of water.
__________________

__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #13
Member
 
67redbowtie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 45
A 15k is still a 15k. The only difference is the newer units are more energy efficient. Use less power.
__________________
67redbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
The new unit is a heat pump and it replaced a unit which was a heat pump. I don't understand why it wouldn't be compatible either. As I said in another thread, I think that the people at Boat n Rv are just blowing smoke you-know-where because they made a mistake and ordered the wrong unit and don't want to own up to it.
You are right it is a change out, there should not be an issue...What may be screwing them up is that the new unit may have control wires that have a different color code

And here is the other problem with ordering the wrong unit, if it is in there shop they are stuck with it because the warrenty is now active, they can not place it in there stock for the next customer.

Just wondering what did they say was wrong with the one you had in the firstb place?
__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
The difference between the 13.5K and the 15K is that the coils size (sureface area), the higher the number the bigger the coil size the more the heat transfur.
__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
tmmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island (Nassau County), NY
Posts: 4,258
My old unit has been dripping water into the coach since I purchased it new, 5 years ago. My selling dealer is over 8 hours away so I brought it to several local rv repair facilities near to me. They kept saying that the drain tubes were clogged and needed to be blown out, which was done numerous times. They, one guy said that there was algae that was clogging the drain tubes and needed to put a sanitizer into it to kill the algae and then blown out. This time they diagnosed the problem as a cracked pan which is plastic and was causing the leak. They also said that everything is one piece and that you could not replace just the pan. The entire air conditioner needed replacing.
__________________
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
I found the test posting

Temperature differences with window treatments
__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
My old unit has been dripping water into the coach since I purchased it new, 5 years ago. My selling dealer is over 8 hours away so I brought it to several local rv repair facilities near to me. They kept saying that the drain tubes were clogged and needed to be blown out, which was done numerous times. They, one guy said that there was algae that was clogging the drain tubes and needed to put a sanitizer into it to kill the algae and then blown out. This time they diagnosed the problem as a cracked pan which is plastic and was causing the leak. They also said that everything is one piece and that you could not replace just the pan. The entire air conditioner needed replacing.
I will say the story sound correct, the unit and all of the componets are built on the pan as part of the base. I had a problem with mine as the a/c was operating the ceiling was wet and started to drip, this was not from a crack pan but lack of insulation around the supply and return duct once it was re-insulated the problem was gone.

What ever you do make sure the mold and alge is completly gone before they install the new unit and I am sure that most people know that once the mold and alge are dead it must be removed and if it is on any insulation that should be replace.
__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
tmmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island (Nassau County), NY
Posts: 4,258
rockwood,
Thanks for the good info.
__________________
Tom and Margaret
2014 Berkshire 390bh-60

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #20
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
I will say the story sound correct, the unit and all of the componets are built on the pan as part of the base. I had a problem with mine as the a/c was operating the ceiling was wet and started to drip, this was not from a crack pan but lack of insulation around the supply and return duct once it was re-insulated the problem was gone.

What ever you do make sure the mold and alge is completly gone before they install the new unit and I am sure that most people know that once the mold and alge are dead it must be removed and if it is on any insulation that should be replace.
The lack of insulation around the duct was the cause of our A/C leaking water. When we removed the filter for the first time, we noticed water laying in the area.

Long story short - our dealer found the factory didn't properly insulate the area.

The dealer redid the insulation and we have had no leaking problems since.
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.