Old 10-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #11
Carmine, welcome to the forum. I have the 2012 Berkshire 360FWS. The DW and I moved up from a Class A Gas Coachman Mirada and found the move to be even better than we expected. I was getting about 6 MPG with the gas towing the car. With the Berk I'm averaging about 11 MPG with the car in tow.

Huge difference in ride quality. I can tell you that the cockpit is quiet running down the highway at 60 mph. Much better in crosswinds with the air suspension. The Berk also rides better on the rough roads.

Our Berkshire has a lot of premium features and for the money I think its the best value out there right now. If I was buying again I would go with another Berkshire or Charleston.

As others have said Forest River is great to work with. I had to contact a Forest River warranty managers to get the dealer to speed up repairs and he was fantastic! Whole different level of commitment to fix the problems after Forest River gave their dealer a call! The warranty manager even followed up after the repairs to make sure I was satisfied!

Now Just to let you know I have lake property in Michigan, where I spend summers. I was looking for a pontoon and found out that Forest River has a marine division. I found a dealer for them and purchased a new 21 ft Berkshire Pontoon. I believe when a company goes above and beyond to make sure their customers are satisfied they deserve my business again, when they have what I'm looking for.

Marc & Jan
Molly, Abby & Katie | The Cocker K-9 Kids!|Toad 2014 Cadillac SRX
2012 Berkshire 360FWS, Brake Buddy Vantage|Wineguard Travler SK-3005
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
Happy with our 390RB-360

We have a 2011 Berkshire with the rear bath and mid 1/2 bath. Great floorplan for privacy while still having guests and both baths are handy. Happy with what we got in our Berk for what we paid.

GHodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #13
We own a 2012 390BH-60. This is our third MH and the second diesel pusher. After switching to DSL I would never go back to gas. Much better ride, powerand braking ... not to mention the much quieter ride.

The Berk does not have quite the same level of finish as some of the units on the market ... however it is also about $100 cheaper off the mark.

Floor plan is personal preferance. Personally, I would much rather have teh extra living space than a second toilet. I would suggest that you take you anlysis to the next level and compare things like storage space, both inside and basement, frig type and size, full paint vs gell coat, carry capacity (is there enough extra capacity to move every thing you need to take with you), floor type (tile vs carpet vs lino), leather vs cloth interior, lighting LED or not.

I would buy Berk again since I feel it is the bet value on the market. It has a ton of storage although some of the cabinet layout will leave you scratching your head. Unlike one of the notes about, we have not found Forest River very good to deal with. In our area, service can only be done at the dealer you purchased the unit at ... Forest River says they have no control over dealers since they are not franchises.

lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote