Old 10-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #11

No hook ups... I have a water tank and pump I fill up at the track for free to replenish our fresh and then use the generator for power. They do have sewer trucks and water trucks that go around to dump you or fill you up for a fee. I can usually make it the whole time and only get dumped once. Not to bad and usually run the generator in the AM to charge up and then at night for the tv's, lights and music...

Old 10-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #12

Yeah we do a lot of dry camping and I know what you mean, we have a water tank and pump as well, but we find the on demand hot water makes it harder to dry camp as you do need to run more water to get hot water...regardless we are pretty good at managing water, but my husband likes his hot showers not army style lol! I guess we are are spoiled we pay 300 for a full hook up and are across from the track so we are good with that but we do like infield as well Having said that we still get to go watch the race infield which is awesome as you know!

Old 10-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #13

I hear ya about the dry camping!! We are going down with another couple in our camper so I will fill our fresh water to the top and then i'm sure I'll have to fill up at least once if not twice.... That's why we always bring our extra tank and pump and put it in the toad so we do not have to pay for a water fill up, just fill the spare tank and pump it in the campers tank.... Full hook ups would definitely be a plus at a race I must say!!! When we do the Daytona 500, we dry camp for 11 days!!
Old 10-03-2014, 10:04 PM   #14

Would love to. We are heading to Phoenix for the race in November

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #15

Makes sense Jason! Wow 11 days of dry camping at Daytona are you infield? Would love to do infield at Daytona, we have done Daytona many times but never infield!
Old 10-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #16

Daytona infield would be awesome but too much$$$. LOL! We always stay on the outside of the track in turn 1. The West lot.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:30 AM   #17

Ha ha! I hear you
Old 10-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #18
2013 Berkshire 390 BH-60

Jason, I do Daytona too but stay with a buddy of mine in the west lot. We are right near the entrance at gate 40 to the left.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Guy View Post
Jason, I do Daytona too but stay with a buddy of mine in the west lot. We are right near the entrance at gate 40 to the left.

Nice!! We usually stay further back where they added the holding pond... Daytona is a great time!!! Weather got a little crazy last year though!!