Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2016, 10:52 AM   #1

Auto leveling

I have a hard time getting my auto level to wirk on my 2014 390bh. It seems like the only way the airbags deflate is with the auto level. If I just manually adjust jacks, it does not seem to dump the airbags. Is ther a way to reset the auto level?

Mike & Amy + 3 and the dogs!
2014 berkshire 390bh-40
mikeborny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:17 AM   #2

I press the auto level and the air bags dump. As soon as the airbags deflate totally, then I touch one of the manual Button which stops the auto and lets me manually level.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #3

This is for Equalizer System levelers.
Setting the Null: The Null or “Level Position” has been preset from the Factory. However, if the coach is not level following an attempt to AUTOLEVEL, the Null is easy to reprogram. To set the Null, Apply Park Brake, Turn the Ignition Key On, push and release the Keypad POWER Button to engage power. The POWER Button and Ignition On (LED’s), should be lit RED when power is on. Level the coach by deploying jacks manually (using the DOWN ▼ keypad buttons, extend each jack until the coach is level), or by simply parking the coach on a Level Site. You do not need to have jacks deployed to set the Null. Use a bubble level on a flat surface in the center of the coach as a reference. Once the coach is leveled, turn the Ignition Key Off and the Panel can now be turned Off. Now Depress and hold the AUTOLEVEL Button, Continue to hold the AUTO-LEVEL Button and then press and release the POWER button, Listen for a Series of Beeps. After the panel has beeped 5 to 6 seconds, release the AUTO-LEVEL button (the keypad will continue to beep as long as the AUTO-LEVEL Button is held). The New Null Setting has been set and the panel will maintain this setting. Press and release the ALL RETRACT Button to retract the jacks to the Stowed/Travel position.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:38 PM   #4

Mike that auto level button is the only way to dump the air bags. If I remember correctly, if you hit auto level, then hit the power button right after the bags will dump without autoleveling.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:32 PM   #5

Have a problem? This is why we bought the motorhome that has a one button auto leveling. If it's not right then I use the manual buttons! Sometimes the right rear needs a little more help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
outloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 12:24 PM   #6

I stopped using auto level because when it dumps the air it levels as low as possible to the ground and in some spots it becomes difficult to get to the cargo bays.
GOOD LUCK
AREA51
AREA51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 12:35 PM   #7

Thanks for comments. I just cant seem to get the auto level to work. When it does work it is usually level. I normally hit the power button then hit auto level and nothing usually happens. I believe i have gotten it to work by hitting retract all then hitting auto, but that does not always work.

Mike & Amy + 3 and the dogs!
2014 berkshire 390bh-40
mikeborny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:39 PM   #8

Check the wires and connections under the control panel. Some of us have had wires that came loose.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 05:03 PM   #9

Mike, some of us have chased down problems.
Tell us more about what is going on.
Does the keypad light up as it should?
Are you saying you can use the manual buttons all the time?

Tags
leveling