Old 05-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #1

Awning Adjustment

Ok has anyone tried to adjust the arms on their powered carefree eclipse to lower the pitch? Was it hard and worth it to shed the rain?

Old 05-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by billygo3251 View Post
Ok has anyone tried to adjust the arms on their powered carefree eclipse to lower the pitch? Was it hard and worth it to shed the rain?
If it's a power awning, it should dump automatically when it rains. No need to adjust the pitch like a manual awning.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top B View Post
If it's a power awning, it should dump automatically when it rains. No need to adjust the pitch like a manual awning.
It will dump automatically, but eventually that will stretch the awning material. It is easy to dip one end to shed water, and most seem to do it.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #4

I don't believe that you can adjust the angle of the awning any lower due to the fact that it would hit the slide out. I had thought about adjusting it to be on a little steeper slope bud decided against it when I saw how close the awning was to the top edge of the slide.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #5

I was eyeballing the awning arm this past weekend. I see that there are numbered holes along the are so I assume that they are there to adjust the awning pitch. I haven't figured out how to do it. My coach does not have the kitchen slide so interference with that is not an issue for me.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #6

The arms have holes on the sides with a ball in one. Push in the ball and grab the arm to move it to the desired hole. It will retract and extend with whatever adjustment you put in (assuming no other obstructions)
Old 05-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #7

You can adjust the awning. Our dealer showed us how to do it. Do one side and then the other. When it extends, it will clear the slide. Once extended, the awning will rest on the slide depending on how low you adjust it. I plan on clicking down one adjustment and seeing how it works out. I can't wait to see the rain dump work. I've got a couple friends that could use a shower.

JJ
Old 05-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJvike View Post
You can adjust the awning. Our dealer showed us how to do it. Do one side and then the other. When it extends, it will clear the slide. Once extended, the awning will rest on the slide depending on how low you adjust it. I plan on clicking down one adjustment and seeing how it works out. I can't wait to see the rain dump work. I've got a couple friends that could use a shower.

JJ

Not sure why, but my RV tech suggested that I not try to change it. I would like more pitch in the awning, but since there is a slide directly under the awning, may be I shouldn't fool with it.

Either way, it seems like that mechanism could bite pretty hard if you pop out the pin without someone else supporting the awning. A two person job in other words.

I don't like it being so high; makes less shade at certain sun angles.

On my list of things to check on......

Boowho??
Old 05-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #9
marialee-Berkshire410qs

You can adjust the pitch of the awning yourself. With the awning extended and us on a ladder we moved the arms one click at a time, both side of the arm atthe same time. There is a different adjustment that should be done by an expert but not this one. We do have a kitchen tip out and it clears perfectly. We were trying to keep the shade on the windows as long as possible. It worked as long as the wind didn't blow..then, in it went..LOL
Old 05-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #10

Shade Pro Vista Shade

CHeck out the Vista Shade for electric awnings from Shade Pro. Will help make the Berkshire Awning useful

ShadePro Inc.: Vista Shade for Electric RV Awnings