Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #1

Bad HVAC Blower Motor?

OK - so we're on the last day of our first multi-day trip - really fun, only a couple issues - the front Westinghouse TV finally died and this morning, after cranking the coach, I turned on the defrost and nothing happened. I moved the switch a few times and nada. I switched the knob that controls where the air goes and could hear flaps changing so I'm assuming that portion is still working. I messed with it several minutes and finally gave up. Bouncing down the road some minutes later, the air came on, full, then a trickle, then full - you get the idea. Periodically there was a smell from the vent like burning grease, then it would go away. While the fan worked, it worked at its own pace and never put out the air it normally did. Low and medium seemed half of what is normal and there was no high. I looked inside the dash and can see the aluminum box with the vent hoses but was never able to locate the blower. Anyone know where it actually is? Is replacement a major deal? If possible, I'd like to swap it myself but if it requires major disassembly of the dash, Freightliner here I come...

Thanks all.
sold 2008 Berkshire pusher
sold 2010 Mini Cooper Convertible toad
sold 2015 Nissan Frontier toad
JBoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
Berkshire 390QS

They had to replace our heater/blower unit and the dash had to come out. The assembly fell apart and hit the fan and what a racket it made, thought we had runover something on the road. Don't think frightliner installed it, I think it's a FR intalled item since our RV place made the repairs under warrenty.
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote