Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2016, 07:11 PM   #21

Even though you're getting everything you need, short if install, I think 4K is high. I have about $1,500.00 invested with my Roadmaster Falcon II, wiring kit from eTrailor, but no brake system. Might be good to check he show next week if you can wait. ..some of us Berk owners are going on Friday
tnbendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
Joe, I hope that your CRV is older then 2015. In 2015, the CRV got a CVT tranny and is no longer towable on all fours. I have a 2013 and done the baseplate and also on a friend's. Its a little tricky getting the nose off.
Good Luck - Hank
Hank, I have the base plate and tow bar which I won't need for a while. So when I do the install on the base plate and while I have the front cover off the car is it advantageous to run the wire kit for lights or not. I still need to get that kit. We still have the leased car for another month so no hurry to get the cr-v done on same day. If it makes sense I'll order the wire kit and run before putting car back together. Thanks for your input. Sorry for hijacking post !!
Joe

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5456Mich View Post
It's a 2013 Hank. I do do a little research every once in a while.
Joe, I'm sure that your do a lot of research - good going!
When I took the front shroud/ bumper off I first had some trouble removing it around the head lights. The next big problem is that my instruction said to free four yellow plastic clips from behind the grille. After much time wrestling with that, I found that the grille could be released from the front side by inserting a thin screwdriver in a slot where the plastic clips were. the plastic clips are like a 1.5 inch square post that has different detention mechanisms on the fron and rear,

After getting the shroud off leaving the clips attached to the car, I removed the clips and inserted into the grille.
Hank
Old 01-07-2016, 09:03 AM   #24

Joe
It doesn't matter about when you install the light kit. I installed the BlueOx BX2258 Baseplate. I did modify the two rod posts that the electrical connector is attached to. I bent each rod slightly downward and then cut a little off the length to achieve the look in the posted picture (just being anal). Careful if you do this, do not stress the rods weld by placing a supporting 2x4 under it.

Also shown is a fuzzy picture of the yellow clip, the shrouds retainer around the headlights and the notch in the front grille where you can access the clip. Hope this helps. Hank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yellow Grill Clip.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	97403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Grill access to Clip.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	97404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Installed connectot.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	97405   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fascia headlight Grip Strip.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	97406   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1543.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	280.7 KB
ID:	97407  

Old 01-07-2016, 09:42 AM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I installed a Blue Ox Alpha with Autostop brake system on a friends Ram. Whole system was less than $1200 with base plate and works amazingly well. Install on Ram was piece of cake.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote