Old 05-20-2015, 12:30 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
You got a little jipped on the batteries. World wides are an econo deep cycle. The ones you have are rated for 115 amp hours.. so with 4 (2 sets) you have a total of 230ah, but really only 115ah's so as not to drop below 50% SOC. With Trojans you would have 220ah in a SINGLE set. 4 would gettcha 440 with 220 on tap. Cost wise you're not looking at a major difference.. around $95 for WW's and $130 for Trojans. Even most of the box store 6v's would be a major step up from the WW's for $85 or so each. Nearly the same capacities as the Trojans.. just not built as well and won't last nearly as long.

WW doesn't mark month of manufacture.. only a single digit representing the YEAR. Ie. 2012 would be marked with a "2".. 2015.. a "5". Even 6 months to a year out of date sitting around without proper maintenance can just about kill an economy battery like that.

If Trojans were clearly written into your paperwork I would, first nicely, but demand if necessary that your dealer make it right. 4 Trojans will get you setup QUITE nicely. If properly maintained should do you right for 7 years or so.. and if done well... 10 years is pretty darn common.

The dealer probably bought a pallet of those WW's and been feeding them into the pipeline to make some extra coin. Hopefully they have been sitting around dry and not yet activated until just before they were slapped into your rig.

Really a moot point to me though... go getcha those Trojans you were already supposed to have.
So I called FR first to see if they are using Trojans exclusively before "accusing" the dealership of swapping them out...unfortunately they said that they could have installed different ones including World Wide (depending on what was bulk purchased at the time) and put in the wrong manual. Before I go changing them, I need to become more familiar with my charging system.

tnbendr is offline   Reply With Quote