Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #1

Bed Slide

My bed has the (I guess) usual rack and pinion drive system. This morning it made a big "CLUNK" as I retracted it and then it would no longer go in and out via power.

The motor runs when I hit the switch, but the slide doesn't move. I can easily push it in and out by hand, so at least it's not jammed. I suspect the pinion or the rack may have broken a tooth or something of that nature.

The question is how do I get to that motor/drive assembly? From the outside I can see nothing. Under the bed is a panel which I suspect has to come out. I'm about to dig into it, but thought is someone has done it before I may be able to get some tips.

Boowoh??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
2011 Berkshire 390BH

I thought Tom (Tmmar) had posted recently that there is a shear pin under the bed on that slide.

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #3

The motor in bed slide loosened and dropped down not allowing to move. You remove the screws from the panel and access the motor.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
410 QS 425 2011 Birkshire

''Bed room headboard slideout ''check this post for more information and possible fixes
malewis49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJM4 View Post
The motor in bed slide loosened and dropped down not allowing to move. You remove the screws from the panel and access the motor.

Thanks for all the replies..... It MAY be a shear pin, but in my initial inspection it appears the motor has dropped enough (loose bolts??) that the pinion no longer engages the rack.

It's gotten pretty hot here in Las Vegas, so will not try the actual adjustment until tomorrow AM.

Thanks

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, slide