Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2015, 04:23 PM   #1

Bed Slide in the 39RB-40

So I had noticed that the night stand towards the rear of the coach was loose ( as in dangling ). Fixed it yesterday my putting another couple of self drilling tap screws through it and into some framing I presume ( felt pretty solid ).

Today as I was closing the slides to go and get a vin check bringing the slide in as the slide was coming towards the end, meeting up with the coach I saw the same night stand being pushed away from the wall. Stripped the screws again.

I notice as small as those stands are ( barely can get the drill inside ), below the shelve inside is still much smaller ( not as deep ).

Anyone else have this problem? Or know if there is some part of the slide mechanism that doesn't have the needed room that it needs to bring the slide all the way in?

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5456Mich View Post
So I had noticed that the night stand towards the rear of the coach was loose ( as in dangling ). Fixed it yesterday my putting another couple of self drilling tap screws through it and into some framing I presume ( felt pretty solid ).

Today as I was closing the slides to go and get a vin check bringing the slide in as the slide was coming towards the end, meeting up with the coach I saw the same night stand being pushed away from the wall. Stripped the screws again.

I notice as small as those stands are ( barely can get the drill inside ), below the shelve inside is still much smaller ( not as deep ).

Anyone else have this problem? Or know if there is some part of the slide mechanism that doesn't have the needed room that it needs to bring the slide all the way in?
That happened to me. I had a fire ext that was stored along side the bed. On one trip the ext rolled behind the tiny "night stand"..... When I extended the slide it peeled that night stand off "slicker than scum of'n a Loosiany swamp".

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 05:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
That happened to me. I had a fire ext that was stored along side the bed. On one trip the ext rolled behind the tiny "night stand"..... When I extended the slide it peeled that night stand off "slicker than scum of'n a Loosiany swamp".

Boowho??

Boo just went out and checked to see if something from previous owner could have been back there. They both looked cleaner than a whistle.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 09-23-2015, 09:35 AM   #4

Joe I have had that happen but it was caused by improper storage of stuff my wife can't live without. (Please don't repeat that). I would think that it is something that is catching it and forcing it from the wall. Get someone to operate it as you carefully watch the slide come in. I bet you see what is causing it to happen.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:42 AM   #5

Ok Phil. Got you now! You may have to pay to keep this quiet! (LOL!)

Joe,
Did you remove the night stand or just put additional screws through the back of it into the wall? When my night stand became loose, I had to take it off completely and re-attach the back wall of the night stand to the cabinet before I reinstalled it to the wall. The back had become loose from the cabinet because it is only held to the cabinet by some pin nails.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Ok Phil. Got you now! You may have to pay to keep this quiet! (LOL!)

Joe,
Did you remove the night stand or just put additional screws through the back of it into the wall? When my night stand became loose, I had to take it off completely and re-attach the back wall of the night stand to the cabinet before I reinstalled it to the wall. The back had become loose from the cabinet because it is only held to the cabinet by some pin nails.
Tom I saw that you had said that in a previous post so I did check it good and the back of the cabinet hadn't come apart. I added a couple more screws thru the back. After I get my registration issues to rest I think I will take it right off and see whats behind there. Thinking I might screw on a backing real good to the wall maybe even with some adhesive and then remount the cabinet to the backer.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 09-23-2015, 10:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Joe I have had that happen but it was caused by improper storage of stuff my wife can't live without. (Please don't repeat that). I would think that it is something that is catching it and forcing it from the wall. Get someone to operate it as you carefully watch the slide come in. I bet you see what is causing it to happen.
So far we crushed an alarm clock ( ) and a TV remote because they were not taken off the nightstand while we were traveling, they fell down and behind the slide out. We now make sure the night stand is clear or stuff a large pillow that sticks out so we can see before attempting to put the slide out. Ours might be a little different, we have a 2015 340 Legacy.
jkillesr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, slide