Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2019, 08:11 AM   #1

Berk 360FWS

Hi Berkshire owners! This morning, after I write this, I will be going to a local RV Dealer to look at a 2011 Berkshire 360FWS with 31,000 miles. It has some options like either the 350 or 360 HP Cummins, up from what I've seen as the standard 340HP. Any and all comments on this particular rig and the Cummins Diesel would be appreciated

Before I bought my Georgetown gasses I joined this forum. Best thing I did because there were some issues with early teen GT's that were pointed out to me that prepared me to look for prior to putting money on it. Because of "The Forum" I was able to have rusted bulging hydraulic lines replaced along with some smaller issue items.

My DW and I have been vascillating from newer gas, like 2016 or 2017, or older diesel. This will be my first look seriously at a diesel model, and potential test ride.

In advance, thanks for any and all replies!
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:00 PM   #2

Once you go diesel you’ll NEVER go back!!!!
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:04 PM   #3

We Love ours she’s an 11 390RB 360HP we bought her almost 2 years ago she had 19,000 miles we’ve put on 6,000 more. We’ve had to replace her step and a tailpipe. Whoever owned her before took great care of her. We are out on the road right now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5064.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	419.1 KB
ID:	202852   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5068.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	202853  
omahagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahagirl View Post
We Love ours she’s an 11 390RB 360HP we bought her almost 2 years ago she had 19,000 miles we’ve put on 6,000 more. We’ve had to replace her step and a tailpipe. Whoever owned her before took great care of her. We are out on the road right now

Looking at your pictures! Nice but different than my 2013 390RB. Your frig is forward and on the curb side and there is a window on that same slide. Our fridge is on the street side and no window on that large curb side slide. Ours is a bath and a half.

Odd that they would be that different.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:23 AM   #5

The one I went to look at is no longer on my list. The exterior was like new except for what I assume is the brackets for the rear ladder were all rusted and hanging loose. I looked at the hot water tank and the anode rod looked rusted in place and never replaced.
But the big thing was the interior was beat! All the wood was gauged and very worn. Dash was all worn. Haphazard support in the bedroom wardrobe. The rig was obviously lived in. Shame because it had the optional 360 HP diesel.

Monday I am going to look at a Coachman Cross Country 360DL, which looks like a sister model to the 2011 Berk. Interiors similiar except sofa and dinette in tandem vs opposed. Big difference is it only has a 300 HP diesel. Is that somthing of concern?
Old 04-26-2019, 07:32 PM   #6

Sorry to hear the Berk had been beat up. Ours is in great shape in and out
Old 04-26-2019, 07:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgewant View Post
Looking at your pictures! Nice but different than my 2013 390RB. Your frig is forward and on the curb side and there is a window on that same slide. Our fridge is on the street side and no window on that large curb side slide. Ours is a bath and a half.

Odd that they would be that different.

That’s our kitchen window on the fridge side the fridge is right behind the psgr seat. We have the table and chairs so have a large window opposite of the kitchen window and another long one on the side of the slide. We also have a bath and a half
Old 04-26-2019, 07:53 PM   #8

How much r they asking for the Berk??? Might be worth fixing up the interior if price is right.....
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:54 PM   #9
Dragonship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
How much r they asking for the Berk??? Might be worth fixing up the interior if price is right.....
Would have to be VERY right. If the interior is beat up I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't care about maintenance either. If you have to catch up on service that would add up quickly, quicker if you find "stuff".
Old 04-27-2019, 09:33 PM   #10

Asking $99000 and fair trade value. The interior beating of woodwork, dash trim, wardrobe etc. Is exactly the correlation I made to diesel and other maintenance items. Like I said, it appears the anode rod has never been replaced as a small example.

That all being said, if it was a matter of replacing a booth dinette for 2k or this as that, I'd consider it. However, too too much screams lack of care
Old 04-28-2019, 08:42 AM   #11

Purchased our 2011 390QS last year with 26,000 miles on it. Have has no mechanical real problems with it since we owned it that a phone call to Forest river did not take care of. The interior & exterior were both in excellent condition. 1 piece of glass on the driver's side has seal failure; just received a new piece to put in yesterday. That cost $187 plus whatever shipping fees they will charged to me shortly. Both seat covers on the captain's chairs were a bit ragged, new upholstering came a few days ago from Flex Steel at no charge. Will install them in the next few weeks. Then the coach will be just about brand new in appearance. Paid $99,000 less $9,000 trade-in. Just bought & have 1/3 installed the tow gear to pull 2014 CRV. That equipment cost right around $2,000 for everything. Should have that completely installed in the next month or so & be ready for our 1st 12 day trip to Cape Cod for the annual spring striper migration. Will use it about 40 days total this season; used it 30 days last season. No retired yet, but the clock is ticking. You need to be handy to own these rigs; otherwise you are at the mercy of the dealers working on them.
Chester Hill is offline   Reply With Quote