Old 05-28-2016, 03:25 PM   #21

Forgot to mention, when I pulled off the rubber piece, a substance resembling white sand came out of the nipple. There is a picture of it on base of the fridge. Probably solidified hard water. So that is what was causing my problem.

Rich

Old 06-02-2016, 09:04 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
It was half ass glued to the top of the refrigerator also but really wasn't holding anything. I put some double stick tape on it when I reinstalled it.
Dan,
What type of double sided tape did you use and is it strong enough to hold the bracket in place? I am going to try to add the bracket to mine because my refrigerator has a tendency to rock back and forth a little. I think that rocking is what caused the water line feeding the ice maker to get pinched and start leaking.
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:38 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Dan,
What type of double sided tape did you use and is it strong enough to hold the bracket in place? I am going to try to add the bracket to mine because my refrigerator has a tendency to rock back and forth a little. I think that rocking is what caused the water line feeding the ice maker to get pinched and start leaking.
Tom
It was gorilla brand which I got at Home Depot. It claimed to be super duper stuff. I don't really know if the quality of the tape would make a lot of difference to be quite honest since the force on it would be a side Force instead of a pulling Force.

Also the top of the refrigerator was kind of bowed, so it was hard to get it to lay flat all the way across.

I guess I won't really know how well it held until I remove the refrigerator again sometime in the future.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:45 AM   #24

Dan,
Thanks for the info.
Tom

Old 06-02-2016, 11:47 AM   #25

I can tell you mine was in there so tight there is no need for anything to hold it in. I put the screws back at the bottom. But not so sure I even needed them !! Now keeping the doors shut. That another issue.

Russell
Old 06-02-2016, 08:09 PM   #26

Russell, you are not kidding about how tight it is. But I still put a small bracket in the upper right corner to keep it from rocking too far.

Rich
Old 06-06-2016, 06:24 AM   #27

Rich,
Just wanted to clear things up in my mind. Before you put the new drain tube in, the only thing in the back of your refrigerator was that little black nipple on the drain that you show in your third picture? Also, did you have ice inside your freezer on the bottom and did your leak stop if you turned the water off to the refrigerator? I just want to make sure. I have my refrigerator out and I want to make sure that I don't need to put the new drain on. When I last looked at it, it seemed to have the new drain already installed which is what Whirlpool told me because of the serial number of my refrigerator.
Thanks for your help.
Tom

Old 06-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #28

Quote:
Rich,
Just wanted to clear things up in my mind. Before you put the new drain tube in, the only thing in the back of your refrigerator was that little black nipple on the drain that you show in your third picture? Also, did you have ice inside your freezer on the bottom and did your leak stop if you turned the water off to the refrigerator? I just want to make sure. I have my refrigerator out and I want to make sure that I don't need to put the new drain on. When I last looked at it, it seemed to have the new drain already installed which is what Whirlpool told me because of the serial number of my refrigerator.
Thanks for your help.
Tom

Hi Tom. The nipple was above the gray piece in the fourth picture. It was exposed when I removed the gray piece. Ice would form under the freezer drawer, even after turning off the water. And when it thawed, it melted and ran out to the front onto the carpet. The new drain is a p-trap. I pm'd you my phone number if you have questions.

Rich
Old 06-07-2016, 08:21 AM   #29

Rich,
Thanks for the phone number. I will be sure to pass it on to the phone solicitors. I get 10cents for every number I give them! (LOL!!- I'm sure you know that I am only joking!)

I removed the back plate on my refrigerator and saw that the new P trap had already been installed. This is what Whirlpool told me when I spoke with them but I just wanted to make sure of what I was looking at. Also, what is the picture next to the refrigerator showing? It looks like the electric plug but not sure what that is with the red wires and square box with red on it is.
Thanks again for your help.
Hope all is well.
Tom

Old 06-07-2016, 08:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Rich,
Thanks for the phone number. I will be sure to pass it on to the phone solicitors. I get 10cents for every number I give them! (LOL!!- I'm sure you know that I am only joking!)

I removed the back plate on my refrigerator and saw that the new P trap had already been installed. This is what Whirlpool told me when I spoke with them but I just wanted to make sure of what I was looking at. Also, what is the picture next to the refrigerator showing? It looks like the electric plug but not sure what that is with the red wires and square box with red on it is.
Thanks again for your help.
Hope all is well.
Tom

Tom, electrical plug and and inline fuse for something.

Rich

Tags
fridge, leak