Old 11-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Berkshire '09 or 10

We have been looking for a bunk house model diesel for awhile now. We like the Tiffin Allegro 38qba, but we are also aware of the Berkshire 390bh, which looks like a very nice model. I know the feedback on the 2008 Berkshires has been less than stellar. For those of you who have the 2009 or 2010 Berkshires, have you had a lot of issues? I like Tiffin's customer service, but the Berkshire seems to be pretty darn close in terms of conveniences and options. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #2

I have a 2008 Bershire. No issues to date and has 20K on it. What issues have you've heard about. I'm interested in knowing as perhaps mine has them as well and I don't realize it.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #3

I have an 08 Berkshire and have had no problems with the RV itself,but as far as Freightliner XC chassis i have had multiple problems.Forestriver has taken care of issues that Freightliner didnt want to pay,excellent warrenty support even when away from home.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #4

Thanks plootsa.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
390bh

read my several post on my berkshire, numerous issues. only reason its not gone is the downturn in the economy(terrible trade in value). as im not rich i cant take the 40k hit on the coach. now forest river did everthing they said they would do upto the 24 month mark then nothing, coach is on its 5th wiper motor, 7th water pump(house) the generac gen has been crap and generac been no help.3rd invertor, then the chassis been aligned 4 times still not right, fan thru radiator, ive owned this coach 27 months and its been in shop for a total of 6 months time. always waiting to see who is going to pay, freightliner or forest river or generac or .....me id say but the tiffin
Old 12-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser1217 View Post
read my several post on my berkshire, numerous issues. only reason its not gone is the downturn in the economy(terrible trade in value). as im not rich i cant take the 40k hit on the coach. now forest river did everthing they said they would do upto the 24 month mark then nothing, coach is on its 5th wiper motor, 7th water pump(house) the generac gen has been crap and generac been no help.3rd invertor, then the chassis been aligned 4 times still not right, fan thru radiator, ive owned this coach 27 months and its been in shop for a total of 6 months time. always waiting to see who is going to pay, freightliner or forest river or generac or .....me id say but the tiffin
chaser, sounds like most of your problems are with 3rd party components not Forest River. Those components are used on all rigs no matter the maker, such as the water pump, generator, etc.

If the water pump is the Shurflow Smart sensor 5.7 which I believe was stock on these, there have been numerous complaints and issues with them, No reason for pumps to fail that often, I would go with something completely different.

We have a Generac generator at home in case the power goes out. It bent a push rod within the first 10 hours of operation. I replaced it easy enough and it has run fine ever since but on the motorhome we went with the Onan. Haven't had issues with it yet but owners on other forum groups are doing a lot of complaining about them too.

My point is that Tiffin uses the same components as do the others, there just isn't much choice for many of these items.

Sorry you have had so many problems. I hope you can get things resolved or replaced with better equipment so that you can enjoy your rig which would still probably be cheaper for you in the long run. I have to say If I had the problems you report I would probably be fairly PO'd too.

Good luck.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire