Old 03-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #11
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post

One other thing, I thought engineers had a hard time deciding what to buy, you'be been at this for a while. Taxman, buy the thing already and send us the pictures! Don't worry about how much room there is when the slides are closed, you shouldn't but walking around while going down the road anyway. We are looking forward to seeing the big smile with you guys holding the keys in front of it.
Lol. As a CPA being in the middle of tax season right now, I was just the victim of timing. When the 2010's came out last fall we had a chance to check out the Tiffin and then I got buried in doing tax seminars for other CPA's. So then we started looking at what else was out there and we came up with the Berkshire, but no-one seemed to have one on hand. I didn't want to jump into the Tiffin when the Berkshire might fit the bill beter than the Tiffin. My first lookie touchie on the Berkshire was this week, so it has been that long to just get to see the doggone thing! We have even debated the possibility of not getting a bunk house but getting a non-bunk unit. Our twins are 13 (as of today) and we don't know how long they will want to travel with Mom and Dad.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #12

My sons are now 35 and 32, married with children of their own and they are the reason I bought the Berkshire. They still want to go to Disney World every year. I guess the fact that mom and dad pick up a good deal of the tab has a lot to do with it (LOL), but it's worth it because of the grand children. We still have a great time as well.

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #13
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Lol. As a CPA being in the middle of tax season right now, I was just the victim of timing. When the 2010's came out last fall we had a chance to check out the Tiffin and then I got buried in doing tax seminars for other CPA's. So then we started looking at what else was out there and we came up with the Berkshire, but no-one seemed to have one on hand. I didn't want to jump into the Tiffin when the Berkshire might fit the bill beter than the Tiffin. My first lookie touchie on the Berkshire was this week, so it has been that long to just get to see the doggone thing! We have even debated the possibility of not getting a bunk house but getting a non-bunk unit. Our twins are 13 (as of today) and we don't know how long they will want to travel with Mom and Dad.
Good thing to consider. We bought our Georgetown 370 (bath and a half) because we have 3 daughters. We really liked the 378 but the bath and a half with 3 daughters made sense. We picked it up on November 26th 2006, Our oldest daughter got engaged December 16th same year, Middle daughter got a full time job as a nanny and the youngest went off to college. So most of the time it's just my wife and I. I wish we would have had the foresight of how long they would be traveling with us. We love the 370 but I'd rather have that wide open area with the fireplace.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:03 AM   #14

taxman,
My family is in the same boat, just a little bit behind.

From reading, I thought it would be between the Berkshire and the Tiffin. We're going to look at the Berkshire in a few weeks. Last week we looked at the Tiffin and Fleetwood Discovery. We were pretty impressed with the Fleetwood. This was just a 1st look. We got to the dealership late.

Being an engineer we'll go through with a fine tooth comb on another trip. Probably make a spreadsheet. Just kidding.

Have you looked at the Fleetwood? I'd be interested in a comparison.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2010, 08:23 AM   #15
2011 Berkshire 390bh

We looked at the Fleetwood for only a short period of time. With Fleetwood's financial issues we were leary of going with them. For us it came down to just the two rigs, either the Tiffin or the Berkshire. I'm starting a new thread with what finally transpired.

Tags
390bh, berkshire