Old 05-01-2016, 01:03 PM   #31

Hey, I've got to chime in here, also. Another dedicated Berk lover. I also will return for more Berk action in the future if I upgrade. Have had a couple of issues in the past (mostly small), but always taken care of by FR. Have never had to use my extended warranty yet. People talk about Tiffin support, but I'd put FR Diesel Division up against any of them. Also have a '14 390FL with tile floors. No weight/axle issue. Pick out a floorplan that you like, buy and enjoy!

Rich

Old 05-01-2016, 08:33 PM   #32

I agree that the FR Diesel Division is the best. I was able to visit a couple of times while they were building ours. The diesel group has their own plant and I think that's part of the reason they do so well. With a limited set of products and fewer options, it's easier for them to be more consistent. Not perfect, as we all know, but consistently very good.

I'm really happy we picked a FR Diesel coach.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:26 PM   #33

Berkshire 400QL owner

We have owned ours 1 week. I researched about 5 other brands over the last 4 months and then purchased a 2014 Berkshire 400QL. Although we are new to owning an RV, Berkshire was the best cost vs. value that we found and we love the floor plan.

Gail
Old 05-13-2016, 09:22 PM   #34
Fulltime in our Berkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procouncil View Post
We have owned ours 1 week. I researched about 5 other brands over the last 4 months and then purchased a 2014 Berkshire 400QL. Although we are new to owning an RV, Berkshire was the best cost vs. value that we found and we love the floor plan.

Gail

Congratulations. We know you'll love it
Home is Where we park it
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 11:46 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procouncil View Post

Gail
Congrats on the new coach! You will love the coach AND all the great Berkshire Owners that go along with it! Welcome!
Karen
RKNOLA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:23 AM   #36

Congrats on the New Berk - welcome to "The Club"
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 03:07 PM   #37

We bought the 2016 Berkshire XL 40RB last September. It's 41' with 1 1/2 baths, 4 slides, single rear axle. We absolutely love it! We traded in our 2009 Sportsman Cross Country, 383 full wall slide for it. There is no comparison between the two. . . Berkshire XL over the Sportsman any day.

The Berk drives sooooo smooth and going from the Cummins ISB 340hp to the Cummins ISL 380 allows one to take any mountain on, while towing the 4 door Wrangler, without any challenges. Also, the ISL 380 can be chipped to go to 450hp, if wanted or needed!!! Mileage is about the same, currently running an average of 8.4 mpg, with 7,500 miles on the new Berk.

In my opinion, the Berk XL 40RB is worth taking a look at!
Larry [US Army-Ret/Department of the Army Civilian-Ret/DAV];with Diane [Teacher-Ret]; 'Litabit' & 'QTπ' [Westies]; 2016 Berkshire XL 40RB/380 Turbo Diesel - 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Life is GOOD Little Rock, Arkansas
zeelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 06:31 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
We bought the 2016 Berkshire XL 40RB last September. It's 41' with 1 1/2 baths, 4 slides, single rear axle. We absolutely love it! We traded in our 2009 Sportsman Cross Country, 383 full wall slide for it. There is no comparison between the two. . . Berkshire XL over the Sportsman any day.

The Berk drives sooooo smooth and going from the Cummins ISB 340hp to the Cummins ISL 380 allows one to take any mountain on, while towing the 4 door Wrangler, without any challenges. Also, the ISL 380 can be chipped to go to 450hp, if wanted or needed!!! Mileage is about the same, currently running an average of 8.4 mpg, with 7,500 miles on the new Berk.

In my opinion, the Berk XL 40RB is worth taking a look at!

I have been thinking about a Berk but haven't done a lot of research yet. I'm surprised it has a single rear axle. We have a Georgetown 378 but really would like to have a bath and a half. Regular sofa???

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-21-2016, 06:42 PM   #39
Fulltime in our Berkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyu View Post
I have been thinking about a Berk but haven't done a lot of research yet. I'm surprised it has a single rear axle. We have a Georgetown 378 but really would like to have a bath and a half. Regular sofa???

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

There's the Berk XLT that has a tag
Home is Where we park it
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:08 PM   #40

We have a 2014 40QL and love it. We learned from our first coach about all the things we really wanted, and found them in the 40QL. There were some factory quality issues to watch for - just check every system at the dealer and make sure everything is working before you drive it off the lot. Be sure and check all the battery cables - ours were not swaged properly at the factory, and caused a major issue down the road...

Tags
berkshire